Page 171 of 172 First 167169170171172 Last
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2580

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Important Community Update

  1. #2551
    oooooppsss fumble flingers strykes agin velly solly
    M

  2. #2552
    Originally Posted by DukeIronHand View Post (Source)
    Agreed. I hate this place. Coming to the “official forum” to read anything was a mistake. Mercifully I read the OP and the last two pages so I should keep down my lunch.
    I just search and read Zac's comments. They are the only ones that really matter. Zac is a good guy taking the time to answer questions about the original post. No sense wading through all the salt that some like to add to every thread on the Forum. Click on Zac then view Forum posts and one doesn't even have the search the thread.

  3. #2553
    Originally Posted by Rick Bravo View Post (Source)
    1) Do not fly shieldless
    2) Engineer your ship to be able to escape. This includes but may not be limited to heavy duty deep plating for your hull (costs no weight but gives hull strength), your distributor (engine focused), and your shields (reinforced hi cap). (also, no e rated stuff either, for you own good. I get d rated stuff gives more jump and a bit more speed, but consider A rating key modules, you don't loose that much from the d rated stuff)


    When interdicted by a player do these things, in this order, as fast as possible:

    1) open your nav panel and select another system to hi-wake to
    2) 4 pips systems 2 pips engines
    3) submit
    4) Max throttle and immediately boost away from your attacker and engage your fsd (keep boosting away)
    5) Fa off and align with your target system (keep boosting away)
    6) Put your ship into a spin heading toward your target system (and continue boosting)until the fsd is fully charged. when your fsd is charged, turn fa on to stabilize your ship for jump, and jump
    1) Flying with shields is wrong.
    2) I won't, because I fit for what my needs are, and it's not always combat situations 24/7



    1) I just low wake because I don't like easy mode, besides, that's IF I even get dicted.
    2) 4 pips ENG, 2 to SYS.
    3) I boost toward my attacker whilst naked and shieldless, daring them to try something.
    4) FA off is not possible when playing on my playstation 2 era dancemat
    5) Spinning is only going to make it easier for me to die, no thanks. I like pretending that space is a 2D plane, not a 3D, that was I don't get confused as to which is "up" and which is "down"



    If I follow your steps, I would be dead so fast that I wouldn't even be finished doing the dropping out of SC animation

  4. #2554
    Originally Posted by Hooplah View Post (Source)
    I just search and read Zac's comments. They are the only ones that really matter. Zac is a good guy taking the time to answer questions about the original post. No sense wading through all the salt that some like to add to every thread on the Forum. Click on Zac then view Forum posts and one doesn't even have the search the thread.
    Or click the Frontier icon near the top left above the first post on each page, and hop from FDev post to FDev post using the Frontier icon on the right!

    S

  5. #2555
    ...

    This post can be deleted, I had the wrong tab open when replying.

  6. #2556
    Originally Posted by Havvk View Post (Source)
    1) Flying with shields is wrong.
    2) I won't, because I fit for what my needs are, and it's not always combat situations 24/7



    1) I just low wake because I don't like easy mode, besides, that's IF I even get dicted.
    2) 4 pips ENG, 2 to SYS.
    3) I boost toward my attacker whilst naked and shieldless, daring them to try something.
    4) FA off is not possible when playing on my playstation 2 era dancemat
    5) Spinning is only going to make it easier for me to die, no thanks. I like pretending that space is a 2D plane, not a 3D, that was I don't get confused as to which is "up" and which is "down"



    If I follow your steps, I would be dead so fast that I wouldn't even be finished doing the dropping out of SC animation
    I told you what works, I don't care if you choose significantly worse ways, its your rebuys, not mine. Do what you like, but lets not pretend like you have a snowballs chance in hell of escaping anyone doing what you posted. Your attackers will also feel better knowing they killed another shieldless sap who refuses to take adequate precautions and makes bad decisions in open. If you can't do the simple things I said or have to "pretend" you are in 2D space, then you are one of the worst pilots in elite and shouldn't venture into open in the first place.

  7. #2557
    I seriously hope that this new content is going to be space legs.

  8. #2558
    Originally Posted by livvinrussian View Post (Source)
    I seriously hope that this new content is going to be space legs.
    No. Atmospheric landings. You can run around in many, many other games. The only games where you can land on atmospheric worlds in our simulated galaxy I know of are Elite 2: Frontier and First Encounters. Both prequels of ED from the 90s and if you didn't play those you really don't know how awesome that kind of freedom is.

  9. #2559
    Originally Posted by Valorin View Post (Source)
    No. Atmospheric landings. You can run around in many, many other games. The only games where you can land on atmospheric worlds in our simulated galaxy I know of are Elite 2: Frontier and First Encounters. Both prequels of ED from the 90s and if you didn't play those you really don't know how awesome that kind of freedom is.
    You can fly ships in many many other games too. but they are not Elite or in the Elite world. But while I would like First Person Perspective play (depending on implementation) I would much prefer to have atmospheric planets first, at least the atmospheric planets without complex intelligent life anyway.

    Yes you can run around in other game worlds, but I do not want to run around in other game worlds, I want to run around in this one, as well as land on other planet types. I want to have adventures in the game, but not being able to leave you ships seat limits those possibilities greatly.

  10. #2560
    Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    You can fly ships in many many other games too. but they are not Elite or in the Elite world. But while I would like First Person Perspective play (depending on implementation) I would much prefer to have atmospheric planets first, at least the atmospheric planets without complex intelligent life anyway.

    Yes you can run around in other game worlds, but I do not want to run around in other game worlds, I want to run around in this one, as well as land on other planet types. I want to have adventures in the game, but not being able to leave you ships seat limits those possibilities greatly.
    The selling point - to me at least - would be that atmospheric landings would do without any further content, besides a decent representation of flight physics which would be my only requirement (and I guess that's not quite trivial). Whereas space legs would appear empty and pointless to me without any further functionality.

  11. #2561
    Originally Posted by livvinrussian View Post (Source)
    I seriously hope that this new content is going to be space legs.
    Originally Posted by Valorin View Post (Source)
    No. Atmospheric landings.
    D. All of the above

    (dream big)

  12. #2562
    Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    D. All of the above

    (dream big)
    10:12


  13. #2563
    Originally Posted by picommander View Post (Source)
    The selling point - to me at least - would be that atmospheric landings would do without any further content, besides a decent representation of flight physics which would be my only requirement (and I guess that's not quite trivial). Whereas space legs would appear empty and pointless to me without any further functionality.
    Well I agree that if space legs come without any added gameplay mechanics then it would be a pointless excersise. I don't want space legs just to walk around my cockpit and/or ship for the sake of it. It needs to complement (not replace) the gameplay we can already do in the game.

    As I said, I want adventures in ED and adding the functionality of getting of your seat to explore ship wrecks or abandoned settlements, or do some shady deals in a station etc sounds like fun. Not that any of that will or should replace flying your ship or driving your SRV. But I believe I have said a number of times I would still prefer atmospheric planets first which I believe will come first before any space legs comes.

  14. #2564
    When is the next update to be announced...I can't wait any longer!!!!


  15. #2565
    Yeah, how about both, space legs and atmo planets. Elite is the only "big" space game not having either of those. All the other well known space games has both, or another of those.

    Osiris New Dawn = both
    No Mans Sky = both
    Empyrion = both
    Star Citizen = both
    Hellion = space legs
    Space Engineers = space legs
    X4 = space legs

    Just to mention few..