Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: An announcement of a future amazing and wonderful announcement.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Ultra View Post (Source)
    What is going on Frontier? - you have the worst concept of PR in the known Universe.
    Give your players a clue at least about what is coming.
    Build some hype or expectation. Not a another year of player speculation.
    What is that going to achieve besides player negativity?

If you're making Atmospheric Landings, Space Legs or something else in the distant future - why not say so?
    Other games manage to state their intentions. And are judged accordingly if they deliver or not.
    All these announcements of coming announcements is just getting ridiculous and borderline insulting.

And another announcement of a future announcement of LEP's getting something. It's a mystery of course.
    How about give them a couple of paintjobs now due to the delay and then give them the mysterious something else in the future.
    Will it really cut into your bottom line giving away a few digital objects?

Terrible PR Thanks Cmdr Bellicose I stole your line for a thread title
    I kinda just assumed that the reason they didn't specify what the "amazing new content" was, is that its something pretty ambitious like atmospheric landing or space legs and if they screw it up and it turns out to be impossible or impractical they can always just downgrade the scope of the content to something salvageable like only gas giants and say "well that's what we intended all along, amazing right?" with nobody being the wiser.

Are you suggesting that they would announce something before they know whether they can deliver it.
    And do not tell us what it is because they have no confidence in their plan to deliver it.
    And do not tell us when because they have no confidence in their plan to deliver it on time.
    Honestly, just look at their histroy.... oh hang on.

So, stuff cancelled or delayed. Other stuff to come. Not specified but amazing, honestly. When, well some time in the future.

Here's hoping. Genuinely. Probably against hope.

Motherhood-and-apple pie except for the cancelations.
    But here's hoping. I am forever optimistic.

Originally Posted by huehnerfaust View Post (Source)
    somehow it reminds me of trump's rethorik.

We will make ED great again.

But i won't tell you how, because, we would than have to write another anouncment to anounce the biggest and greatest wating loop of all time.
    LOL.

Originally Posted by Frontier (read in Trump's voice)
    WE are going to build a great expansion, the Best expansion. It's going to be tremendous, better than anything anyone else has ever expanded. And when I say expanded I mean...whew, swoooshsss! Soo BIG. It's going to be bigly, just fantastic.

And the content, WOW, such great content. I've seen it you know, of course I can't talk about it, but if I could you'd be so very happy with the content. And the colors, fantastic colors, the Best you've seen, believe me.

So much so that I can't say what it is yet. YOu know, because of the stuff, the lawyers tell me. I don't know, but truth. You're going to love it, trust me. Believe me, tremendous things are going to be expanded on.

Anyday now really, you'll see soon. Sooner than you think too. Wonderful stuff, so tremendous, and so soon. And tremendously bigly.

Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post (Source)
    While FD are bad at PR, I agree, I don't see really how they could have done this differently. I prefer finished features, than rushed-to-a-deadline features.
    Yes they could have done this much better.

Braben got up on stage and announced fleet carriers he should have got on a livestream and spoken to us directly about the delay.

I understand that i bought into a half finished game. I support that fully. However, Squadrons are first year material. Period. Itís not worth the wait and calling it a win is childish.

All of this being said we absolutely have a right to expectations of decent public relations and communication from Fdev.

By dropping this information in a forum post an hour before the weekend shows us exactly what Braben and the devs think of us. Ie Weíre not worth them taking responsibility for this failure to deliver.

Why would you want to know what may be coming? Do you like being disappointed?

Originally Posted by vagabond07 View Post (Source)
    Yes they could have done this much better.

Braben got up on stage and announced fleet carriers he should have got on a livestream and spoken to us directly about the delay.

I understand that i bought into a half finished game. I support that fully. However, Squadrons are first year material. Period. It’s not worth the wait and calling it a win is childish.

All of this being said we absolutely have a right to expectations of decent public relations and communication from Fdev.

By dropping this information in a forum post an hour before the weekend shows us exactly what Braben and the devs think of us. Ie We’re not worth them taking responsibility for this failure to deliver.
    The Man himself delivering the news on a stream would have really made a difference? It is what it is, the decision was made, all that remained was to inform us. Does it really matter how (within reason)?

Only a CEO (or any person for that matter) with sociopathic tendencies that doesn't value his/her staff and their talents, would set them to work and crunch (with all the personal sacrifice that brings) on a feature that would only get rewritten in the short to medium term, if a larger update was going to do the same thing, but on a more global (galactic) scale...

You'd also have to be rolling in development funding to waste money in that fashion.

Yes, i agree. I was shocked by all the positive replies to Zacs post. Basically all it said was "ice plants and fleet carriers are not coming as promised but we are working on something exciting! We cant tell you what it is, but we're ExCItED!!!" What a joke, there is no reason to keep that secret unless its something lame like new wing missions or more useless tech broker weapons.

Originally Posted by Threeofseven View Post (Source)
    What a joke, there is no reason to keep that secret unless its something lame like new wing missions or more useless tech broker weapons.
    You don't really believe that's what warrants a new expansion, do you?

Originally Posted by ozrix84 View Post (Source)
    I'd like to know more as well, but that's just how FD rolls.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Ultra View Post (Source)
    What is going on Frontier? - you have the worst concept of PR in the known Universe.
    Give your players a clue at least about what is coming.
    Build some hype or expectation. Not a another year of player speculation.
    What is that going to achieve besides player negativity?

If you're making Atmospheric Landings, Space Legs or something else in the distant future - why not say so?
    Other games manage to state their intentions. And are judged accordingly if they deliver or not.
    All these announcements of coming announcements is just getting ridiculous and borderline insulting.

And another announcement of a future announcement of LEP's getting something. It's a mystery of course.
    How about give them a couple of paintjobs now due to the delay and then give them the mysterious something else in the future.
    Will it really cut into your bottom line giving away a few digital objects?

Terrible PR Thanks Cmdr Bellicose I stole your line for a thread title
    Agreed!

LOL!
    I think they did exactly what they wanted to do. They are fishing and the best bait for us is content. And announcing content and not really saying what it is is just another little worm on the end of the hook
    Works for me,....I wish I knew more but then it wouldn't be drawing me in. I can imagine all the speculation that will be drawn from the post from Zac.....
    Funny thing is I am hooked

Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post (Source)
    While FD are bad at PR, I agree, I don't see really how they could have done this differently. I prefer finished features, than rushed-to-a-deadline features.

Exactly. And kudos to Zac for posting as much information and addressing the various topics; this is something we have not seen since - around the original launch of the game.

dont need to tell us everything.... because they probably work on `things and if the crowd knows before they make it, it wont be a suprise

Originally Posted by huehnerfaust View Post (Source)
    somehow it reminds me of trump's rethorik.

We will make ED great again.

But i won't tell you how, because, we would than have to write another anouncment to anounce the biggest and greatest wating loop of all time.
    Except Trump actually delivers!

Highest stock market levels in history.
    Lowest unemployment of blacks and hispanics in decades.
    All but wiped out ISIS
    Got little rocket man to stop lobbing rockets.
    4.5 GDP growth this quarter

I could go on all day but Iíve already shot down your comparison.

Trump delivers and FD just talks.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast