Page 96 of 96 First 92949596
Results 1,426 to 1,438 of 1438

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Implementation of a dedicated mission server

  1. #1426
    some mission are to unpredictable like find stuff and pirate lord mission

  2. #1427
    Originally Posted by starman View Post (Source)
    some mission are to unpredictable like find stuff and pirate lord mission
    That's why I think it would be nice if there was a way to see all available missions in a star system before you even dock. You have to dock to pick up the mission, but why not have a system-wide message board with what's available. Jump in, check what's there without having to fly to station, then decide to go there or jump to next system.

  3. #1428
    Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    That's why I think it would be nice if there was a way to see all available missions in a star system before you even dock. You have to dock to pick up the mission, but why not have a system-wide message board with what's available. Jump in, check what's there without having to fly to station, then decide to go there or jump to next system.
    A Nav beacon messenger service would be cool.

  4. #1429
    Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Greetings Commanders,

    In the next chapter of Beyond (3.3), we will be implementing and migrating mission data to a new separate server. While this mainly affects the back-end of the game, you will see some changes to missions in-game.

    As it currently stands, missions are on a shared server with other elements of the game. This has the risk of problems with missions causing outages and stability issues for the rest of the game if there are technical hiccups.

    So, what benefits will we see by moving missions to their own separate server?

    • Any issue (generated by missions) which can cause a server outage or stability problems will no longer result in players disconnecting. Instead the missions will be unavailable for a period of time.
    • If such issues do occur, the previous servers will be able to act as a back-up, offering better opportunities to recover game content as quickly as possible.
    • We may see a slight decrease in mission board loading times.
    • Missions will now be consistent across game modes (Solo/Open/Private Group).

    It's also worth noting that, as a result of a dedicated 'mission server', there will be a removal/significant reduction of the method of refreshing mission boards by logging in and out of the game ("board flipping"). While we understand that this is a practice utilised by some* players, this was never the intended use of the mission system.

    Even though there is a small number of players doing this, we will increase the credit payout of missions (by 10%) across the board so all players using the mission boards as intended will see a net profit. As a result of this, some mission reward choices will see boosted influence, reputation and rank gains. As always when it comes to missions, we will continually review and balance them where needed.

    Ultimately, this is a healthy step for our overall servers and game experience.

    If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback with us, please post below!

    *we found that only 2.8% of daily online players were using the mission system in this way. Clarification: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post7005234
    Hi Will,

    Can you confirm if this has actually happened? Thanks.

  5. #1430
    Originally Posted by rootsrat View Post (Source)
    Hi Will,

    Can you confirm if this has actually happened? Thanks.
    Yes, this has already been implemented.

  6. #1431
    Originally Posted by EnvidiaPro View Post (Source)
    Yes, this has already been implemented.
    The 10% increase in mission pay had NOT been implemented. The pay is exactly the same, at least for passenger missions. So they implemented all the aspects that would hurt players but failed to implement the single aspect that marginally compensated for the massive nerf.

  7. #1432
    Originally Posted by Rick Bravo View Post (Source)
    The 10% increase in mission pay had NOT been implemented. The pay is exactly the same, at least for passenger missions. So they implemented all the aspects that would hurt players but failed to implement the single aspect that marginally compensated for the massive nerf.
    Yep pretty much this. They gave us Opals to make use feel better about it.

  8. #1433
    Originally Posted by EnvidiaPro View Post (Source)
    Yes, this has already been implemented.
    Thanks. I am somewhat out of the loop lately with a new job and house move

  9. #1434
    Originally Posted by rootsrat View Post (Source)
    Thanks. I am somewhat out of the loop lately with a new job and house move
    You didn't miss much. Except for the massive mining gold rush. (goes back to stroke fat bank account).

  10. #1435
    I was one of those who was doing money in Robigo. And I was whining as hell that this solution will nerf Cr income and make that it will slow down my progress.
    Right now sometimes I wait extra 10~15min for reload and that it, but this time I do not go to Robigo anymore.
    Either I do VoidOpals or Piarate Massacre missions.
    Game became fun in the moment where I look for Cr to have cover for rebuy in PvP.

    Instead of damn bus, which was boring as hell I blow up motherlode Void Opals or blow up hundreds of pirates and that is Cr worth.

  11. #1436
    Void Opals mining brought back the joy into my space life.

    But, missions are dead for good. There's no reason to check the board anymore, my Cargo Cutter and Passenger Conda are all in the hangar and seems they will be there for a while.
    Relogging was the "only" way to fill up cargo or cabin spaces so there's no reason to fly those mission oriented ships for me anymore.

    And it's not about money; i can sort it pretty quickly and easily when i'm off to mining. There's no joy in flying with %25 of the capacity. You might suggest i should pick several missions to different systems, but then, you compare and find out it's not reasonable to do such thing as it actually does not worth.

    So, please do something about the mission board.

  12. #1437
    Missions are dead you say?
    There is another secret in the galaxy you haven't discovered yet

  13. #1438
    Originally Posted by mant3z View Post (Source)
    Missions are dead you say?
    There is another secret in the galaxy you haven't discovered yet
    Yeah the ' bugs. Troopers hold the line.
    Somethings really goin' wrong lately.