Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Issues with performance launching through Steam

Issues with performance launching through Steam

I have always had strange performance behavior from the game since purchasing it through Steam 3 years ago (I know, I should have purchased directly... I'm sorry )

If I launch the game through Steam, it runs incredibly smoothly. I'm talking 144 fps locked solid through my G-Sync monitor. Smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy (Hot damn!). However, I lose the ability to use EDTracker. For some reason, ED does not see the ED Tracker as an input device when launched through Steam. I believe this has something to do with the Steam overlay (more on this in a minute).

If I launch the game using the native launcher from the Steam install location, the game runs horribly! Incredibly jittery, low frame rate, and micro stuttering like crazy. However, EDTracker works like a champ.

I've tinkered around with the settings in Steam, and my issues seem to have something to do with the Steam overlay. If I disable the Steam overlay and launch the game through Steam, it runs exactly as if I had circumvented Steam and ran the launcher executable directly. When the Steam overlay is enabled, the game runs amazingly.

What gives? I feel like Goldilocks but there's only the mamma bear and daddy bear stuff in this house... where's baby bears stuff!?!?! I want to be able to use my EDTracker, but the performance running the game outside Steam and not using their overlay makes the game run horribly, but on the flip side, I can't get ED to recognize EDTracker through Steam which would make the game run great!

Has anyone faced this or a similar situation? Have you solved it?

2. This is the last staff post in this thread. #2
    Heya Wrecked,
    This may have something to do with Steams big picture mode, would you please try going into Steam's big picture mode and then disable the option Generic Controller Configuration? If that doesn't work, please send us in a ticket which you can do here: https://support.frontier.co.uk/login.php?page=contact

Thanks for the reply! I'll give that a shot and see what happens.

How does it work with neither Steam nor EDTracker?