Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Expedition V - The Black Void

Post Expedition V - The Black Void

The Goal

On 25th Oct 3303 I stretched the size of the Galaxy by supercruising beyond Ishum's Reach 65,652Ly from Sol.. at the same time beating the old record of 65,649Ly by Cmdr Schumy
    On 13th Jan 3304, after 249 hours of cruising this limit was stretched even more.. I crossed the marker of 65,705Ly from Sol

On 1st Jun 3304 the record got busted by Cmdr Keef Drow... 9 more.. 65,714Ly from Sol.. not sure about that, but if I understood correctly this was a slingshot run (including refueling by Cmdr Major Klutz)

what do you think is my response to that going to be??

The Ship: DEL-77 Rocinante

Oh.. she is bred for one purpose only: to reach the limits.. Long hours of collecting materials, engineering different modules and finding the perfect fit for this mission. I tested at least 4 different sets of modules to come to the final conclusion.. She is ready...

Photo Documentation

Gallery dedicated to this expedition: Expedition V - The Black Void

Good luck in your adventure Cmdr.

o7

Good luck and fly safe !

Deluvian, when do you plan to arrive at Semotus Beacon? I could make you a sandwich or something...

I wish you success!

Fly far cmdr

Thank you fellow Commanders.. I know that I said lately (during Expedition IV) "oh, it's not gonna be fast" and then I made it to Star One and Erikson's Star in 3 days... I was overwhelmed by almost 80Ly jump range of Rocinante

Now though, jump range is reduced and honestly I cannot focus much on flying, so I am using normal/automatic navigation.. that is going to be around 1800 jumps.. maybe a bit less to get to Ishum's Reach.. it is going to take a while.. sandwiches very welcome

Originally Posted by Deluvian View Post (Source)
    Now though, jump range is reduced and honestly I cannot focus much on flying, so I am using normal/automatic navigation.. that is going to be around 1800 jumps.. maybe a bit less to get to Ishum's Reach.. it is going to take a while.. sandwiches very welcome
    Yeah, yeah, whatever. So... Sunday?

Originally Posted by LifesAJourney View Post (Source)
    Yeah, yeah, whatever. So... Sunday?
    Not this time.. I really have a hard time to get to flying. Moved maybe 150 jumps out of the Bubble. If I could plot manually and jump on fumes then maybe, but in a current situation - no chance. I hope it is going to get better in a couple of days (weeks) so I can speed it up

Day 5 - 7,221.70LY from Sol

First refueling.. this indeed is going to be a really long journey..

... it took more than two hours to fill that sweet whale with fuel

2A scoop?!?

Would it be reasonable to travel with 5-10% of fuel in tanks to have decent jump range? And refuel completely only once in Semotus?

I think the course plotter still assumes you'll have full tanks, and set the jump ranges accordingly. So then it would be manual jump plotting, which probably would negate the time savings.

I really wish we could turn fuel tanks "off" in the module panel, so that they're not used until you're ready to turn them back on.

So much true.. flying on fumes with manual plotting is fast but requires a lot of attention from the pilot.. I just cannot afford it now.. maybe in a few days

Day 7 - 20,019.53LY from Sol

2A fuel scoop is no fun.. but I am slowly moving towards the center of the Galaxy.. I was able to leverage manual plotting for last few hours, hence why a bit more progress.. still, I have a long way to go..

Day 9 - 32,878.60LY from Sol

Just crossed the marker.. Half way to the Death Zone.. this is really taking forever

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast