Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Expedition V - The Black Void

Doing this (insane) thing solo and with a team to refuel you along the way are different things. If you could get enough commanders on board then you could keep going indefinitely - is it only a matter of time before a large enough group is gathered to get to 100kly?

A huge round of applause for the solo record and IMO that stands separate to a group effort - and equally the dedication of Cmdr Darivs' support crew is hardly less than their own and that record should be a team record reflecting on all involved, not just the Cmdr who carries the baton for the last leg.

Originally Posted by iain666 View Post (Source)
    Doing this (insane) thing solo and with a team to refuel you along the way are different things. If you could get enough commanders on board then you could keep going indefinitely - is it only a matter of time before a large enough group is gathered to get to 100kly?

A huge round of applause for the solo record and IMO that stands separate to a group effort - and equally the dedication of Cmdr Darivs' support crew is hardly less than their own and that record should be a team record reflecting on all involved, not just the Cmdr who carries the baton for the last leg.
    Thank you so much for the positive.. I do agree it's different, but at the end of the day, it's the distance that matters.. Devoted/determined group of Commanders could stretch this limit very far.. Cmdr Darivs and his support crew, great applause.. not less then Cmdr Major Klutz supporting Cmdr Keef Drow before beating a little shy of 65,714Ly distance..

It takes hours of preparation, material collection, engineering and then long travel here.. to the edge (with 2A fuel scoop).. and then those endless hours of cruising..

We all do it because it can be done.. because why not.. and I do not think our insanity can be cured

Day 30 - Super Cruise 390.11h - 65,738.00Ly from Sol

The story comes slowly to its end. It would be really unfortunate if I cannot reach the estimated distance, but I realized that my deviation angle might have messed everything up. This is really last few hours and I have to watch the gauges very carefully.. Rocinante deserves to go as far as possible as well as jump back to safety.. 30 long days and probably the last phase will have to be completed tomorrow in the evening..

Keep the fingers crossed commanders

Day 33 - Super Cruise 399.96h - 65,739.44Ly from Sol

Single man, single ship... 92.50Ly beyond Ishum's Reach. It is going to be my personal best.. undocumented however. I wanted to cruise a bit more and take last few sips from main tank to supercruise tank.. and finish this morning.. I closed my eyes.. just for a moment........ next thing I see:

I am crashed.. literally.. not sure if I am going to do anything like this soon.. or maybe quite opposite.. not sure

Thanks for all the support that I received.. now I feel like I failed you all

Not sure how your ship was destroyed in the far beyond with nothing to get in its way

Commiserations, sir. But know you did achieve something above and beyond what most would attempt, and you know your personal best stands. Certainly not a failure; any great endeavours do not always reult in success and completion, but they are none the less courageous and worthy.

o7

Originally Posted by Spaceman Si View Post (Source)
    Not sure how your ship was destroyed in the far beyond with nothing to get in its way

Commiserations, sir. But know you did achieve something above and beyond what most would attempt, and you know your personal best stands. Certainly not a failure; any great endeavours do not always reult in success and completion, but they are none the less courageous and worthy.

o7
    Thank you so much Commander.. well, everything is based on fuel.. including your life support.. you run out of juice.. you suffocate.. you die...

Oh, gosh... Really sorry to read that!

An admirable effort anyway.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345