Page 290 of 291 FirstFirst ... 285288289290291 LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 4358

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Chapter Four - Exploration Reveal

Originally Posted by NuttiKrust View Post (Source)
    Which isn't really all that interesting to begin with; given the nearness of Q4 I'm surprised people would still want to watch it - eager as they are for BETA and natch potes.
    you know what?!i changed my mind. frontier should just not do the LS and just drop the BETA ASAP. and let people play it.

Originally Posted by elkiller View Post (Source)
    you know what?!i changed my mind. frontier should just not do the LS and just drop the BETA ASAP. and let people play it.
    Welcome, brother.

Well, I dunno if this is correct way to as this as I haven't got a quote to post from to maximise my own post...
    But.

Does anyone know if in Q4 ED will change the approach of information and payout for Asteroid belts, currently 'as far as I know' there's no payment for scanning them and the information is given in the Honk.
    Now, considering that an Asteroid cluster could be a benefit through the materials it has, it could also be seen as a navigational hazard... therefore ED could bring it into line with other bodies and offer a reimbursement for a cluster scan... the value of which would be dependant upon Rocky, Icy, Metal rich, Metallic.
    Just a thought.

I hope I'm not repeating a post...though in my defence there's 270 pages.

Originally Posted by Skip Rockbounder View Post (Source)
    I'm not sure how it'll work with the update, nor if they're changing anything specific with the asteroid belts. Currently you do get some extra data by detail surface scanning them, such as approach and title data, but yeah, no discovery tag nor payout.

I scan them as well when scanning a system anyway, because... reasons. Well, to be fair, I like to approach and play the game beyond meta reasons or in spite of them. I'm at least partly an explorer in the game after all. It would be nice if more things made more sense contextually in the game, but I digress.

Originally Posted by WR3ND View Post (Source)
    I'm not sure how it'll work with the update, nor if they're changing anything specific with the asteroid belts. Currently you do get some extra data by detail surface scanning them, such as approach and title data, but yeah, no discovery tag nor payout.

I scan them as well when scanning a system anyway, because... reasons. Well, to be fair, I like to approach and play the game beyond meta reasons or in spite of them. I'm at least partly an explorer in the game after all. It would be nice if more things made more sense contextually in the game, but I digress.
    I also do all kind of silly things where I'm just glad we have Solo where no one is watching me.
    and who wants to watch grandpa doing things in super slow motion, anyway

In FDev's so-called 'feedback recap' stream the week after this thread was posted someone asked if asteroid belts/clusters would be worth anything in the new system. The answer was no, they will not be worth anything. Same as in 3.2.

Originally Posted by MightyBOB View Post (Source)
    In FDev's so-called 'feedback recap' stream the week after this thread was posted someone asked if asteroid belts/clusters would be worth anything in the new system. The answer was no, they will not be worth anything. Same as in 3.2.
    And still waiting to find out how much FD are going to make of Hotspots. These could be an important mechanic to link exploration and mining, and even give some mechanics to leverage for other areas too - eg: Manually sprinkling some Hotspots across a region for a CG gold rush etc.

My fear is, after hearing precious little about them, the change to implement them in a meaningful and interesting way could be squandered. I do hope not...

Originally Posted by WR3ND View Post (Source)
    It would be nice if more things made more sense contextually in the game
    Possible but only if FDevs call back the story-tellers they put aside. For now, keep fraggin' the Tharg, which is the way DB wants us to play his game.

I'm loving the new exploration features, I trust FD will make my favourite ED activity even better. My only concerns have to do with how time-consuming and boring this could be, and how this affects the "casual honkers" and "cherry-pickers" - I'm more of a "Pokemon explorer" (gotta catch 'em all!) myself, but I understand why less OCD explorers are worried.

Two small requests, which kind of have to do with exploration:
    1) the ability to share our Gal Map bookmarks with friends
    2) routing support for waypoints: if I have a waypoint selected, route via it

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    We'll be revealing more details about Beyond - Chapter Four in the coming weeks
    It's been over a month... if you don't have more to share that's fine, but don't create the expectation that more is coming and soon, if you don't have it ready to go.

Originally Posted by Killnine View Post (Source)
    I'm loving the new exploration features
    CMDR Thrust from Bradford reveals his forum identiy.

Originally Posted by Rojo Habe View Post (Source)
    CMDR Thrust from Bradford reveals his forum identiy.
    Thanks for the laugh - really good one.

on topic: I love to see the new features in actions, but before i get a fully bugged thing, iŽd rather wait 2 or 3 more weeks. That would keep many of us who are moaning right now, from moaning when a buggy beta is on or a half finished feature is in the beta. From what i have heard, that unannounced features will make it into the update and things that were long wanted get implemented, i have the feeling, that Frontier really wants to deliver something great (which would not be the first time, just to be clear here). And something great is, what the game needs and we all want. So why the haste? Our lives do not depend on this game... just give the Devs some time!

Can't wait for the headlines...

Frontier gets rid of world coordinates to eliminate cheats for probe chuckers.

NBA Jam 3305 Holo-Presence edition pleased to announce: He's still on fire.

Can't find anything new in the galaxy? Fear not, they've made the finding itself new. Destined to enthrall and inspire with gameplay full of dazzling lights and majestic jingles.

Originally Posted by Frank_G View Post (Source)
    ... I love to see the new features in actions, but before i get a fully bugged thing, iŽd rather wait 2 or 3 more weeks. That would keep many of us who are moaning right now, from moaning when a buggy beta is on or a half finished feature is in the beta.
    Kudos, that's the spirit! Btw, everyone's doing it this way, that's why we'll get a "fully bugged thing" after 2 or 3 more weeks. Well played, smarty! But at least we all can blame the beta-testers then...

Originally Posted by Frank_G View Post (Source)
    So why the haste? Our lives do not depend on this game... just give the Devs some time!
    Haste? Haste!

Exploration Focused Feedback. Exploration Focused Feedback postponed, Exploration Focused Feedback cancelled, no news about exploration live stream for a month.

Haste ... nice one CMDR.