Page 289 of 291 FirstFirst ... 284287288289290291 LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 4358

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Chapter Four - Exploration Reveal

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    edit: Wrong thread. Curse my stupidity!
    Damn your stupidity!

Yesterday while hopping through the galaxy I came up with a thing.
    But since I have little idea about Q4, I'm not sure whether the thing will work.

So, learning to interpret the electromagnetic signatures. I have been economically traveling back and forth through a small bit of galaxy where I'm at, not really scanning the places, rather looking for various systems. Lots of landables, ice rocks, lots of gas giants, 2 80+ objects systems. So now I got quite a few bookmarks in a small bit of galaxy about 100x100x100 LY. Can I use the system maps from these systems to get to grips with electromagnetic signatures? Sort of a training ground. Players in the Bubble can use Bubble systems of course, but I don't have that luxury 12 KLY out.

Because I am puzzled how honked systems without any scans will show up in Q4. Since I haven't scanned them, they are unresolved in the new system (just mass distortions in the new scanner suite) but they are revealed in the old one.

So, the question is: will previously honked systems still show up as revealed in a system map with the new mechanism?

But since I have little idea about Q4, I'm not sure whether the thing will work.

So, learning to interpret the electromagnetic signatures. I have been economically traveling back and forth through a small bit of galaxy where I'm at, not really scanning the places, rather looking for various systems. Lots of landables, ice rocks, lots of gas giants, 2 80+ objects systems. So now I got quite a few bookmarks in a small bit of galaxy about 100x100x100 LY. Can I use the system maps from these systems to get to grips with electromagnetic signatures? Sort of a training ground. Players in the Bubble can use Bubble systems of course, but I don't have that luxury 12 KLY out.

Because I am puzzled how honked systems without any scans will show up in Q4. Since I haven't scanned them, they are unresolved in the new system (just mass distortions in the new scanner suite) but they are revealed in the old one.

So, the question is: will previously honked systems still show up as revealed in a system map with the new mechanism?
    These are systems you've honked but not fully explored? And you have bookmarks on some of the planets that you haven't yet resolved with your sensors or DSS? Hmmm, interesting. I think what you see in the system map post 3.3 will depend.

So, learning to interpret the electromagnetic signatures. I have been economically traveling back and forth through a small bit of galaxy where I'm at, not really scanning the places, rather looking for various systems. Lots of landables, ice rocks, lots of gas giants, 2 80+ objects systems. So now I got quite a few bookmarks in a small bit of galaxy about 100x100x100 LY.
    Been doing the same with a handy planet, locating every single fixed surface POI and when the new tools come out I will use the new probes to see how they reveal the various objects I Have found.

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    These are systems you've honked but not fully explored?
    Yep
    And you have bookmarks on some of the planets that you haven't yet resolved with your sensors or DSS?
    Bookmarked the systems. I will screenshot them before the update, just in case.

Hmmm, interesting. I think what you see in the system map post 3.3 will depend.
    It depends

You're a wealth of information Sir Turner. Salutations!

Yep

Bookmarked the systems. I will screenshot them before the update, just in case.

It depends

You're a wealth of information Sir Turner. Salutations!
    He is, but my dear little Ziggy, you're really going to love the exploration update.

Originally Posted by varonica View Post (Source)
    Bunch of exploiters!

Frontier should wipe all of our saves for having cheated all of these years.

Originally Posted by Sir.Tj View Post (Source)
    He is, but my dear little Ziggy, you're really going to love the exploration update.
    Cagey!

Originally Posted by WR3ND View Post (Source)
    Bunch of exploiters!

Frontier should wipe all of our saves for having cheated all of these years.
    Depending on whether the system maps will remain visible, I have thought of an even bigger exploit already.

If they remain visible, I could filter visited stars only, and set it to determine the route back. Then every system I jump to has a revealed system map.

Don't tell the developers mind you! Or they'll fix that loophole. It's not as if any of them reads all 289 pages.

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)

We'll be revealing more details about Beyond - Chapter Four in the coming weeks and we can't wait to show you

Well.. ya'll have one more day to reveal the content because on the 13th it will be a month, if ya'll have not show Q4 by the 13th ya'll should get a better choice of words because lat time a check a month has usually 4 weeks and ya'll all are almost due ATM, try using upcoming month(s) instead the next time. And ya'll get surprised when people get upset when ya'll don't deliver.

Originally Posted by elkiller View Post (Source)
    Well.. ya'll have one more day to reveal the content because on the 13th it will be a month, if ya'll have not show Q4 by the 13th ya'll should get a better choice of words because lat time a check a month has usually 4 weeks and ya'll all are almost due ATM, try using upcoming month(s) instead the next time. And ya'll get surprised when people get upset when ya'll don't deliver.
    To be fair, while not in its simplest form, if they drop the Q4 reveal on July 27, 2234, that would technically fit in the scope of "the coming weeks"

Originally Posted by Straha Yeagar View Post (Source)
    To be fair, while not in its simplest form, if they drop the Q4 reveal on July 27, 2234, that would technically fit in the scope of "the coming weeks"
    upcoming weeks range (1-4 weeks) 1 month
    upcoming months range (1-12 months) 1 year
    upcoming year range (1-100 years) 1 century
    upcoming century range(1-1000 century) milenium

etc.. point is that they should be promoting the Q4 stream by now but instead they are streaming thargoid hunting.

Originally Posted by Straha Yeagar View Post (Source)
    Which is why next time they should just steer into the skid and say "yeah it's going to release in a few hours" and then go on a vacation or something.

Cagey!

Depending on whether the system maps will remain visible, I have thought of an even bigger exploit already.

If they remain visible, I could filter visited stars only, and set it to determine the route back. Then every system I jump to has a revealed system map.

Don't tell the developers mind you! Or they'll fix that loophole. It's not as if any of them reads all 289 pages.
    I don't think the bodies not "discovered" will remain viable. That'd be more data to store/switch to flip per system to distinguish them.

Hopefully they sort out the mechanics beyond what we've seen from the OP anyway to better resolve these sort of inconsistencies.

Originally Posted by elkiller View Post (Source)
    upcoming weeks range (1-4 weeks) 1 month
    upcoming months range (1-12 months) 1 year
    upcoming year range (1-100 years) 1 century
    upcoming century range(1-1000 century) milenium

etc.. point is that they should be promoting the Q4 stream by now but instead they are streaming thargoid hunting.
    Which isn't really all that interesting to begin with; given the nearness of Q4 I'm surprised people would still want to watch it - eager as they are for BETA and natch potes.

Originally Posted by Kaocraft View Post (Source)
    Which is why next time they should just steer into the skid and say "yeah it's going to release in a few hours" and then go on a vacation or something.
    Welcome to the last 2 years for us Horizons LEP owners...