Page 212 of 212 FirstFirst ... 207210211212
Results 3,166 to 3,175 of 3175

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Chapter Four - Exploration Reveal

Ziggy, Genar, Riverside and others ...

I've only properly left the bubbly twice in the last 4 years because of the lack of exploration mechanics. I really like the sound of what FD are proposing and I'm looking forward to trying them out.

However, I also totally get what you find interesting in systems and why the current ADS mechanic works for that.

I hope that FD can accomodate what you're looking for, and I genuinely wouldn't mind if that meant a change in the proposed ADS/DSS setup. You know, a compromise o7

Originally Posted by Steed View Post (Source)
    Ziggy, Genar, Riverside and others ...

I've only properly left the bubbly twice in the last 4 years because of the lack of exploration mechanics. I really like the sound of what FD are proposing and I'm looking forward to trying them out.

However, I also totally get what you find interesting in systems and why the current ADS mechanic works for that.

I hope that FD can accomodate what you're looking for, and I genuinely wouldn't mind if that meant a change in the proposed ADS/DSS setup. You know, a compromise o7
    I'm not exactly going to stop playing regardless of the final implementation, and I would guess most of the high post-count players here are the same

Originally Posted by Riverside View Post (Source)
    I'm not exactly going to stop playing regardless of the final implementation, and I would guess most of the high post-count players here are the same
    I agree. I think most would just adapt how they play the game and carry on.

I would guess so too

Originally Posted by disorganise View Post (Source)
    Actually no. That level of detail comes from the DSS. The ADS at *best* gives you the photo.

What the new system does is rename the DSS to ADS and give it infinite range
    Which proves you actually didn't read the OP, which thus makes your opinion easy to dismiss. The ADS (now called FSS) is meant to do what the DSS currently does-namely give you details of the material components of the planet, as well as if there is anything of interest on the surface of the planet. The probe does what no current part of the exploration mechanic does-namely tell you *where* those interesting things are.

Importantly, when you uncover a planet using the discovery scanner, as well as being informed of the resources available on it, the presence of unusual locations, such as Guardian sites, will also be revealed. However, their precise location won’t be shown until you have mapped the planet with the detailed surface scanner.

Quite the opposite, really. My hours of play-time have dropped off significantly these past 5 months or so. The mining & exploration changes-if they come to fruition-would see that play-time increase significantly. Heck, I am even considering buying a second account....my current one for exploration, & a new one especially for the Bubble.

Originally Posted by Adam Waite View Post (Source)
    Currently, we’re discussing and exploring a few options based on your feedback, but we don’t have anything to announce just yet.
    I hope that one of the options is to let us try out the proposal, as currently detailed, during Beta.

I like the sound of the new mechanics but I think I need to see the system in action before giving any feedback.

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    Which proves you actually didn't read the OP, which thus makes your opinion easy to dismiss. The ADS (now called FSS) is meant to do what the DSS currently does-namely give you details of the material components of the planet, as well as if there is anything of interest on the surface of the planet. The probe does what no current part of the exploration mechanic does-namely tell you *where* those interesting things are.
    uh huh

Firstly, the OP does not mention FSS;
    Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    The Discovery Scanner
    secondly;
    That is simply not true. All it does is to show that terrain in a different format, one which requires slightly more interpretation than the current system. If I were to show you a photo of Mount Everest, from a distance of around 20km-30km, would you be able to draw for me every single crevasse, ridge, shoulder & overhang leading to the top of the peak? I sincerely doubt it. Yet this is what we are expected to believe the ADS can do.
    You were talking about the current ADS above, since;
    However, what the new system can seemingly do, which the v3.2 ADS can't, is use the emissions to determine what the mountain is physically made of, & if there is anything worth looking for on the mountain, without the need to travel the entirety of that 20+km.
    thus, I was also referring to the current ADS and DSS;
    Actually no. That level of detail comes from the DSS. The ADS at *best* gives you the photo.

Also, I find
    The ADS (now called FSS) is meant to do what the DSS currently does-namely give you details of the material components of the planet
    is materially the same as;
    What the new system does is rename the DSS to ADS and give it infinite range
    So now that we agree, shall we get back to trying to be constructive?

Originally Posted by Adam Waite View Post (Source)
    Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give you an update on where we are on the topic of Exploration.

We’ve been reading through your feedback and taking it on board. Currently, we’re discussing and exploring a few options based on your feedback, but we don’t have anything to announce just yet.

Thank you for all of the comments so far.
    Hi Adam,
    thanks for the update.
    I will say that I have stayed out of all the to-ing-and-fro-ing that's been going on in this thread as I don't see the point. I will say that what you have announced looks very interesting to me, and is the sort of mechanics that I personally am looking for in the game, and as such would be somewhat disappointed by any knee-jerk reaction to comments on a system that's not even been fully shown yet alone tried by players. Please let us examine it in beta and give proper feedback on the system, before making any changes.
    Wyaston.

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks
    A crutch is still a crutch, no matter which part of the game you're looking at. I just presented two additional examples of where you could make a case for letting the so-called "time deprived" 'skip to the best stuff'.
    I know you deleted this Marc but for the love of God try to understand. It's not about being 'time deprived' (I did try to make this clear to you last time you started ballooning about it) it's about the fact that regardless of how much time I may have to play the game, I don't wish to spend time on activities which are not going to add to my overall enjoyment during that playing session. I could be sat here for a ten hour session and I still wouldn't want to spend any of it detail scanning planets that hold little interest for me.

It's abundantly clear that many of the opinions you've expressed here are rooted firmly in your scathing contempt for other people's playstyles, which is hardly a position from which objective analysis is going to arise.

You're also still misrepresenting this as being about 'finding the best stuff' despite the fact that I and other players have explained to you until we are blue in the face that it's not what this is about. You might want to to take a glance at the thread in the exploration section of the forum about this. Oddly enough nobody there is complaining about the fact they won't be able to earn credits quickly.

It is good to know that by your own admission you don't actually explore now though. However this ends up, I do hope that its with a system that will let you get some enjoyment out of an aspect of the game that I've spent (conservative estimate) over a thousand hours on.

Yep, such a weird comment. If you know ahead of time that a system is "worth" exploring (an odd claim to begin with) then you're not really, truly exploring anyway. Heck, it's the insta-reveal system that has made me loathe to be an explorer up until now. These new mechanics may well change that.
    https://www.logicalfallacies.info/pr...true-scotsman/

Again and again and again. Oh to be a real true explorer as certified by Marc_Hicks, the one true arbiter of gameplay!

Page 212 of 212 FirstFirst ... 207210211212