Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Commanders in the path of Hurricane Florence

Originally Posted by Greylock View Post (Source)
    More good news... CMDR Spyrle's cars parked at the town hall survived!

Lucky they did that because his garage had 52" of water in it at one point :-(

Thank goodness his house is raised up - his neighbors (in New Bern, NC) did not fair so well :-(
    Is that his house? Even if he/she is cool with the pic being posted here I believe thats a bad idea especially just after a hurricane with potential looters.

More good news... CMDR Spyrle's cars parked at the town hall survived!

Lucky they did that because his garage had 52" of water in it at one point :-(

Thank goodness his house is raised up - his neighbors (in New Bern, NC) did not fair so well :-(
    Took a second to see the waterline.

The good news is welcome. A friend of mine had her car in 2-3 feet of water months ago, and it was salvageable- but the repairs were very costly. All the seats and carpets had to go, and a whole new electrical system put in. The AC compressor and power steering motors were destroyed too.
    52 inches would be write-off territory. It's more practical to just junk it. The cars are definitely a big win.

Originally Posted by Robin of Spiritwood View Post (Source)
    The cars are definitely a big win.
    Pathetic ...

Originally Posted by Rade Konn View Post (Source)
    Is that his house? Even if he/she is cool with the pic being posted here I believe thats a bad idea especially just after a hurricane with potential looters.
    The picture isn’t much use to looters, unless they frequent this site.

Ah, the usual demographic at work (for once)

Looters!
    As usual

https://youtu.be/XFh-X1bv4P0

Weatherman.. fakes conditions..

Notice how lately its always the end of the earth reporting

wait till 15 second mark

Originally Posted by Vistitor010100 View Post (Source)
    https://youtu.be/XFh-X1bv4P0

Weatherman.. fakes conditions..

Notice how lately its always the end of the earth reporting

wait till 15 second mark
    Yes his comedy is really coarse

I wont post the link here since it is political but google Fema director investigation. What a joke.

Originally Posted by Robin of Spiritwood View Post (Source)
    Took a second to see the waterline.

The good news is welcome. A friend of mine had her car in 2-3 feet of water months ago, and it was salvageable- but the repairs were very costly. All the seats and carpets had to go, and a whole new electrical system put in. The AC compressor and power steering motors were destroyed too.
    52 inches would be write-off territory. It's more practical to just junk it. The cars are definitely a big win.
    Thanks Robin!

About five years ago the last hurricane trashed his previous two vehicles (thank goodness for insurance) so this time he tried parking them on higher ground and thankfully it worked!

He still lost his pickup truck, but it was fully covered so he'll at least get a check for it's value.

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm never moving to the coast again!

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    Pathetic ...
    Why are you being like that?

Yeah, I can see how folks outside the US might think that, but honestly...
    (1) Most American's homes can be seen via Google street view
    (2) You won't find that house from my picture, and it doesn't matter because most of the houses around it look the same
    (3) Most everyone who left was already back well before the picture was posted, and
    (4) The Combat Veterans that populate many of the homes on that street are still well armed. Much more than the funny picture above.

So yeah, no need to worry - everything is under control.

So yeah, no need to worry - everything is under control.
    Property is property and can always be replaced. Most importantly I hope people are safe.

Originally Posted by Manticore View Post (Source)
    Property is property and can always be replaced. Most importantly I hope people are safe.
    Totally agree.

Still my heart goes out to all those who lost so much :-(

Im from PA actually and lived on long island during sandy which wasn't that bad of a hurricane compared to Florence but the aftermath still sucked so I can imagine how bad N/S carolina is right now.

Im from PA actually and lived on long island during sandy which wasn't that bad of a hurricane compared to Florence but the aftermath still sucked so I can imagine how bad N/S carolina is right now.
    My brother sent me a picture of under his house and all the AC ductwork that has to be replaced along with the air handler - very sad but so much less than his neighbors :-(

Honestly, I'll never live near the coast after this one!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123