Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42

Thread: First Impression on the new update

  1. #16
    Originally Posted by tagdab1738 View Post (Source)
    Just as a curiosity, what do you think will make this game better?
    I think it would be great if the update had not completely broken the game for many of us.
    Being able to play teh game would certainly make it better.

    A number of people are unable to do anything because Rangers and ACU do't work any more, not to mention all the shiny new things.
    And since Steam will not let us roll back - yeah there are some out here who are not impressed with this wonderful update at all.

  2. #17
    Originally Posted by Gryphon_R View Post (Source)
    I think it would be great if the update had not completely broken the game for many of us.
    Being able to play teh game would certainly make it better.

    A number of people are unable to do anything because Rangers and ACU do't work any more, not to mention all the shiny new things.
    And since Steam will not let us roll back - yeah there are some out here who are not impressed with this wonderful update at all.
    That's strange. Everything is working fine for me ( Of course I'm going to jinx myself haha)

  3. #18
    Really really like that update. The contracts make a little more sense, dinos live longer for sure, and the new ciews are absolutely perfect!! Very happy.
    The overcrowding fights are awesome and what I expected from release. I made 6 Pachycephalos to see what would happen, they formed 3 teams of 2, started fighting until 3 fell and died at the same time! I thought it was a bit radical but my Styracos ran when at low health.
    I tried a Dilo in my herbivore enclosure and she started picking at my Struthios, killing one every 4 or 5 minutes.
    The Camaras and Brachios behave much better and can be seen out in the open without transforming into panicking wrecks. And I can finally hear my Camaras!!!
    Thank you.

  4. #19
    Are not you finding it much harder for battles to happen?

    I dropped a Ceratosaurus in my Tyrannosaurus' paddock and ... the two live together. I find it kind of weird, why the hell do not they dispute the territory?


    Take a good look. I'm expecting a fight between them and it does not happen.

    I dropped a Pentaceratops with Tyrannosaurus and he did not attack either. Is it going to be this way now? I do not have the joy of seeing fights happen anymore because carnivores no longer feel hungry ??

    I think this hunger issue has yet to be settled. It is not very correct.

  5. #20
    Originally Posted by Camargo View Post (Source)
    Are not you finding it much harder for battles to happen?

    I dropped a Ceratosaurus in my Tyrannosaurus' paddock and ... the two live together. I find it kind of weird, why the hell do not they dispute the territory?


    Take a good look. I'm expecting a fight between them and it does not happen.

    I dropped a Pentaceratops with Tyrannosaurus and he did not attack either. Is it going to be this way now? I do not have the joy of seeing fights happen anymore because carnivores no longer feel hungry ??

    I think this hunger issue has yet to be settled. It is not very correct.
    Now I see it and that is one of the things I did not like in this update. After the carnivore does their battle sequence, they end up calling off the battle and live together. I had a carno, allo, t-rex, and spino all living in perfect harmony. I don't like that. Carnivores are aggressive and do not like being together with other carnivores. They attack each other if they see each other. That is not the case here. Carnivores see each other, but they really don't do threat displays to intimidate the opponent. They look at each and say "hi, how are you?"
    As for the herbivores, I have not ran into this issue when they battle a carnivore. But based on what I see, that should be changed to. Armored herbivores should make threat displays or intimidation against the carnivore. Then if the carnivore ignores, then they fight to the death. This should happen either if the carnivores hunger level is at a critical low or if the either of them crosses territories. Might I also suggest in the next update if a ceratopsian group encounters a group or lone carnivore, then they form a wall shield, roar at the carnivore while shaking their head to intimidate, and they keep doing it until the carnivore backs down.
    This update is in a step in a right direction, but more improvement are still needed to make this game even better

  6. #21
    Well I dont see a Problem the update is great it only takes a while until they are Fighting to each other i Tryed to make an experiment with maaaany struthiominuseseseses and a few muttaborasaurus and a para and made an Allosaurus in. he prevered a Struthi killed it eated it and then in a half hour the allo did nothing! that was great to see !

  7. #22
    Okay after looking at it more I think you are right. But the issue I think is with the Spinosaur's posture. In the movie it stood up straight a bit more where in the game it is leaned forward. Okay Frontier, lets fix his posture!




  8. #23
    Haven't tried Challenge Mode yet. I know the devs worked hard on it, but the concept just doesn't appeal to me. I'll try it eventually, but I'm mostly waiting for new props, animations and AI updates to bring the sandbox to the next level.
    I wish the new cameras had some kind of frame or even just a filter with a little white noise.
    The static guests on my hotel balconies do nothing for the immersion - if anything they feel less human. It's bad enough that they clip through closed doors and then pop up and freeze on the spot inside the viewing galleries. Having them stuck in a row on rooftops just draws more attention to them. I appreciate the effort though.
    I'm happy with the resized Spino. I was never bothered by the sizes, but it does feel more movie accurate now and I appreciate that. Also can't overlook the fact Frontier listened to the people.
    I'm delighted with the new sandbox toggles. The first thing I did was turn on infinite feeders and lifespans.
    Still think the game misses out on a lot by making the jeeps indestructible. I could see myself spending so many hours dodging carnivores.

  9. #24
    the only thing that bother me is spinosaurus roar this is not his signature roar pls fix this frontier just give him his trademark roar from the movie thats all i have to whine about ^^

  10. #25
    Originally Posted by Camargo View Post (Source)
    Are not you finding it much harder for battles to happen?

    I dropped a Ceratosaurus in my Tyrannosaurus' paddock and ... the two live together. I find it kind of weird, why the hell do not they dispute the territory?


    Take a good look. I'm expecting a fight between them and it does not happen.

    I dropped a Pentaceratops with Tyrannosaurus and he did not attack either. Is it going to be this way now? I do not have the joy of seeing fights happen anymore because carnivores no longer feel hungry ??

    I think this hunger issue has yet to be settled. It is not very correct.
    I cannot confirm this observation. I bred my T-Rex in the Hammond Lab of the Ceratosaurus paddock. Rexy left the building, bee lined for the next Ceratosaurus and killed him before I could even get the ACU over there. Maybe it's again related to the genes you use? E.g. Aggressive Instincts? The more "teeth" you breed into your Dino, the more aggressive it becomes? I've witnessed this sort of correlation before the update with my Indominus Rex. When I beefed her up too much, she would be one hell of a troublemaker and constantly attempt to break out. When I reduced to amount of offensive genes, she became more docile and manageable.

  11. #26
    Jurassic difficulty skin is very underwhelming If I try to do Jurassic it wont be for the skin but a trophy. Pathetic they put in a bland skin for the hardest challenge in the game.

  12. #27
    Originally Posted by Astaran View Post (Source)
    I cannot confirm this observation. I bred my T-Rex in the Hammond Lab of the Ceratosaurus paddock. Rexy left the building, bee lined for the next Ceratosaurus and killed him before I could even get the ACU over there. Maybe it's again related to the genes you use? E.g. Aggressive Instincts? The more "teeth" you breed into your Dino, the more aggressive it becomes? I've witnessed this sort of correlation before the update with my Indominus Rex. When I beefed her up too much, she would be one hell of a troublemaker and constantly attempt to break out. When I reduced to amount of offensive genes, she became more docile and manageable.
    No. My Tyrannosaurus was made as aggressive as possible.

    Dude, the update broke the fights. It's not cool.

    If a carnivore feeds, it stays there and does not pay attention to the other. The fight never happens between them.

    They should solve the problem as soon as possible (Are we going to have to wait another four months for this?). A kind of "Territory Defense" or "hunting instinct" for them to attack other theropods or dinosaurs in their little paddock.

    This patch is not right.

  13. #28
    Hopefully soon some people upload videos of themselves getting five stars in Challenge Mode on medium difficulty or higher in under three hours, and of themselves getting five stars on Jurassic difficulty within the time limit. I'll just watch what they do and copy them. I just want the skins and trophies.

  14. #29
    The coastal skin for indo rex is pretty much the rainforest skin minus the purple stripes just plain dark and a lighter underbelly such a disappointment.

  15. #30
    Originally Posted by GonerMcGoner View Post (Source)
    Haven't tried Challenge Mode yet. I know the devs worked hard on it, but the concept just doesn't appeal to me. I'll try it eventually, but I'm mostly waiting for new props, animations and AI updates to bring the sandbox to the next level.
    I wish the new cameras had some kind of frame or even just a filter with a little white noise.
    The static guests on my hotel balconies do nothing for the immersion - if anything they feel less human. It's bad enough that they clip through closed doors and then pop up and freeze on the spot inside the viewing galleries. Having them stuck in a row on rooftops just draws more attention to them. I appreciate the effort though.
    I'm happy with the resized Spino. I was never bothered by the sizes, but it does feel more movie accurate now and I appreciate that. Also can't overlook the fact Frontier listened to the people.
    I'm delighted with the new sandbox toggles. The first thing I did was turn on infinite feeders and lifespans.
    Still think the game misses out on a lot of replay value by making the jeeps indestructible. I could see myself spending so many hours dodging carnivores.
    Same opinion here. Challenge mode doesnt appeal to me. But now I spend most of my time riding the monorail and pretending I'm visiting the parks for the first time!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast