Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast

Thread: About tonight's livestream....

Originally Posted by Lightspeed View Post (Source)
    I wonder if the "Fire probe at planet" is being brought in to encourage wings co-operation. After all, it's easy enough to orbit a planet in supercruise now. So maybe the solo player will find it easier to do the latter, without probes.

As usual, I guess I shall have to wait and see in the beet-ahh !
    I find pretty cool that both cases will work and that MC finally gets navigator role.

Originally Posted by racer1 View Post (Source)
    I wonder if we just uncovered the plan to merge Horizons and base game?

Possible and would certainly negate the issue.. I wouldn't expect that to happen till new paid for point release tho'. But at this point anything is possible I guess.

Because unless you get like 100 probes for 1 iron or similar it would be a total ball ache for a non Horizons player on a long term exploration trip.

Exactly which is why I think it was a good question.

Or maybe non Horizons don't get to scan surfaces, they just get to do the DSS scan like now. Problem solved.
    Which raises another question.. iirc it was stated at an earlier reveal that the DDS would keep it's original functionality and you wouldn't necessarily need to use probes ..
    So, if that is the case, are explorers able to "map" the planet by approaching in supercruise and simply scanning the old way?

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    I find pretty cool that both cases will work and that MC finally gets navigator role.
    If the probes are fired from a secondary view, then yes, I can see a MC benefit/role. BUT, if they're fired from the cockpit view, then surely only the pilot can use them?

Or have some screenshots implied this behaviour?

Originally Posted by Sugarat View Post (Source)
    Which raises another question.. iirc it was stated at an earlier reveal that the DDS would keep it's original functionality and you wouldn't necessarily need to use probes ..
    So, if that is the case, are explorers able to "map" the planet by approaching in supercruise and simply scanning the old way?
    I heart it being suggested that you will just have to fly over it in orbit to do that.

Originally Posted by NeilF View Post (Source)
    If the probes are fired from a secondary view, then yes, I can see a MC benefit/role. BUT, if they're fired from the cockpit view, then surely only the pilot can use them?

Or have some screenshots implied this behaviour?
    Proposal suggests you will be able to fire it in MC. I doubt it means only pilot can do it.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Meh : just as likely the team knows the answer and it was taken into account from the start, so Adam hasn't had to worry about it. If it's based on something like G1 mats it's hardly going to be difficult in non-horizons is it?
    How can non-Horizons owners get G1 matts in the middle of space? What am I overlooking here?

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Proposal suggests you will be able to fire it in MC. I doubt it means only pilot can do it.
    Ok...

Then hopefully, like the DS view, multiple crew will all be able to use the feature at once too!

How can non-Horizons owners get G1 matts in the middle of space? What am I overlooking here?
    Mining.

That is what I thought I heard. It would be great to have choices.

The "aim and fire" probe technique is probably being developed to give MC something to do (and to earn credits) while sitting in the explorer's ship !

You can get some G1 matts from mining with a mining laser.

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    You can get some G1 matts from mining with a mining laser.
    I think some is an underestimate

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-for-materials

Originally Posted by Fosdyke View Post (Source)
    Rest assured, Frontier are working under the hood for quite some time now. It was the same for Holo-me (Commander creator) and Horizons back in 2015. Back in the days some people in those same forums said that bringing Horizons was nearly impossible without making the game from the start again. So....Always the same doom and gloom that serves nothing than bringing so much more negativity. It helps nothing in the end.
    I used Holo me for 5 minutes when I put my commander together and have never touched it since.

This is why the 'working hard' epithet doesn't really wash. Is that hard work any good and also directed in the right direction?

Originally Posted by Ralph Vargr View Post (Source)
    I think from watching the livestream, I have discovered why my requests for lists of my First Discovered's have been stonewalled.

Watch their faces as the question comes up... you'll have to find the timestamp, as I'm tired from jumping my fleet to Colonia tonight.

Edit: Found *that* at 39:32

Poor Adam. A bad cold, Ed machine-gunning beside him, and awkward questions about if the Sidewinder comes with a discovery scanner...or what kind it is.

Edit: Found *that* at 22:22

I agree. To the rebuy screen.
    39:10 What kind of answer is that? Just say you don't know.

Originally Posted by Count View Post (Source)
    I used Holo me for 5 minutes when I put my commander together and have never touched it since.

This is why the 'working hard' epithet doesn't really wash. Is that hard work any good and also directed in the right direction?
    To be fair, lots of people, including me, complained about seeing an empty seat all the time so I was happy enough to see it filled. Next step is the rest of the empty seats

The moment when asked if non Horizons players would be able to synthesise probes struck me as a little weird.. seems no one had considered it.
    That was a bit embarrassing wasn't it, like it hadn't come up between the Devs at all until a viewer asked there and then.

They ever reveal any of the new mining stuff?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast