Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yearly check in - should I come back?

If you want to see the same bugs and indeed a few newer ones, and some extra grind, then sure, come on back. Otherwise do yourself a favour and find a AAA game to play

Hop over to news and check out the Q4 proposal.

The change to the USS generation is along similar lines to what I've advocated for a while.
    The exploration mechanics will become more layered.

All-in-all I'd wait until that - recent updates haven't significantly changed the issues you mentioned.

3.3 (Q4) was going to be the make-or-break for many players, but FD is trying to manage expectations by announcing removal of two key features (ice planets is a big one, in my opinion) and giving hints of "wonderful things ahead."

So best advice I could give someone wanting to return is to come back when the Beta is announced and try various features. They will help you familiarize yourself with the new game without sacrificing your ship in the main game.

Then, if you like it, hang around for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow when the next paid upgrade arrives sometime in 2019 or 2020.

No. Don't come back.

OP, If you still have the game installed and want to take a peek, you could try joining a host ship in multi-crew such as the thargoid hunting type. The host would likely be willing to show off or describe a lot of the new things that has gone on since your two year hiatus from the game.

I wouldn't bother right now if I were you. You might want to check in again in a month or three. The Q4 update should be out (or in beta) around that time. People on these forums have been claiming that this will be the jesus patch that rights all wrongs. Personally I hope we'll finally get some real exploration gameplay with exciting stuff to find out in the deep black.

"Hit the road Jack and don't cha come back
    No more no more no more no more
    Hit the road Jack and don't cha come back
    No more

Old woman old woman, oh you treat me so mean
    You're the meanest old woman that I've ever seen
    I guess if you say so
    I'll have to pack my things and go (that's right)"

Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post (Source)
    Or you could come back at the next update when exploration will take on a whole new life,.
    ...or slow death.

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    I say give it another six weeks, then pop in for the beta to get a feel for if its the game you want it to be.

For me, the game remains a somewhat flawed masterpiece, many of those flaws I am hoping the Q4 update will largely fix.
    I agree with the above.

Those of us who play every or most days have perhaps noticed the improvements that have taken place rather less than someone would if they were returning to the game after two years.

I returned recently after a break of six months and found ED enjoyable once again.

Having said that, I'm currently on another break until the C4 beta arrives. I hope the improvements it promises translate into reality, though it has to be said that FD's track record on implementation is not exactly wonderful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12