Thread: Finally got 5 star in less than 3 hours in challenge mode

Finally got 5 star in less than 3 hours in challenge mode

Say no one ever

I know! It is suppose to be easy mode, but I five stared Manteceros without even trying, and without having anything big. I have a Rex, Allosaurus, Suchs, loads of herbs and it stays at 4.5. I am at a total loss. This is the amount of trouble I had on Sorna, which I had to bulldoze to the ground and restart three times to get give stars.

its really not that difficult.

Originally Posted by froobze View Post (Source)
    its really not that difficult.
    Here is that guy.
    show me your park then

lol you need to play it yourself not copy my park but heres the unlocked jurassic mode skin. easy peasy. Name:  indom.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  686.7 KB

I'll believe it's possible when I see it.

I recommend watching one of the "How to 5-star" videos on Youtube. BestInSlot is one of the best when comes to explaining things.

And it really IS easy once you know what you're doing.

Dinosaur variety and wellfare is straightforward enough (100% genomes are a big help), and even the visitors aren't THAT hard to figure out.
    My best "easy mode" tactic is to create three or four "visitor islands" (depending how big the map is) with hotel, shoping, restaurant and arcade and fan the exhibits around it, each with one gallery and one tower, all separate and connected via the monorail.
    The trick is to "force" visitors to stay in one place and have all facilities ready for them.

That way, you can 5-star every island with less than half of the map used and then you can take your time going after looks.
    Don't spread your visitor services too much and keep the enclosures just big enough for the dinos to be fine with them, but not TOO big to reduce visibility (it requires some knowledge of individual dinos so you know what you can get away with.)

It takes me at least half an hour to get 1 star. I don't see how I can get 5 in under three hours.

Originally Posted by MrGoodbytes View Post (Source)
    It takes me at least half an hour to get 1 star. I don't see how I can get 5 in under three hours.
    Rome also wasn't built in a day. Don't stress over it. Play the game, enjoy the dinosaurs and eventually it'll start making sense.
    It's not Forza. You don't have to win to have a good time.

On my first playthrough, I actually didn't 5-star ANY of the islands. And not because a lack of trying.

That's the thing, though. You need to finish it in under three hours (on medium difficulty or higher) for the trophy. I just want the trophies and the skins. Otherwise, I'd stick with campaign mode. I don't find challenge mode enjoyable at all. It's just extremely stressful.

Originally Posted by MrGoodbytes View Post (Source)
    That's the thing, though. You need to finish it in under three hours (on medium difficulty or higher) for the trophy. I just want the trophies and the skins. Otherwise, I'd stick with campaign mode. I don't find challenge mode enjoyable at all. It's just extremely stressful.
    I think the hint is in the name - "Challenge"

Seriously though, just try some normal island. Restart it and see what you can do and in what time. There are no masters without practice

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    I think the hint is in the name - "Challenge"

Seriously though, just try some normal island. Restart it and see what you can do and in what time. There are no masters without practice
    its certainly doable.
    Name:  winning.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  38.7 KB

Now that's a proof, but to say it's easy, i call that being a cokalorum.
    Today i was close btw, 4.5 stars under 2h45, but then i noticed that maybe i was going to need 100 dinosaurs,