Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lol... Someone just killed me...

Originally Posted by Riverside View Post (Source)
    One of the things I'd like to see is a solution to the being stranded in your SRV scenario. Maybe using the ship transfer function to order another of your ships to your location and waiting the regular time for it to arrive. Then once it's 'arrived' you just recall your ship as usual & it drops in & lands as usual.

I don't lose ships often enough to understand the new rules but I thought it put you in the nearest base too. Were you wanted locally?
    That idea is awesome.

"You destroyed my DBX! Now fear me, as I summon my Corvette!"

*6 hours later*

"Now prepare to d......hello?"

Lol
    No, it would be incredibly useful as a feature.

And apparently no, you just respawn back home. I wasn't wanted (it was anarchy anyway).

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

The etiquette at these guardian sites and Davs Hope, Conda crash sites is rather ambiguous. I've tried talking to CMDRs and all I get is hostility or indifference. The most likely response is a menu log.

If I see 2 SRVs eagerly racing toward my SRV and ignoring my chat, what should I expect to happen?

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    So I was just exploring the guardian ruins, with two CMDRs who wouldn't talk to me.

One was being swarmed by those guardian cheese wedges, so I used my DBXs rockets to help him out. Cus' I'm nice like that.

Then I just drove around trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do...

When out of nowhere, one takes off and blows up my DBX. No idea why.

I don't care, don't need it. Lol

Then after a rather short exhilarating chase around the rough terrain, I mostly blow my own SRV up on the rocks.

Yes, the Anaconda shooting at me was doing less damage than the rocks I was driving in to.

Anyhoo, what's really really annoyed me is...

...I've respawned at bloody Diaguandri, 1000ly away!

I thought they changed it so you respawn at the nearest base?! God damn you FD!

Anyhoo. I'm half tempted to fly back in my Anaconda, and well, seek revenge.

Or die again. Either way will be entertaining!
    More so than driving around trying to figure out what the hell to do with absolutely no clues whatsoever.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead
    All sounds like a very entertaining session.

Originally Posted by GJ51 View Post (Source)
    Solo - PG
    Mehh.

This reminds me of a pub fight from my youth, long story short I had a fella punching me whilst I lay on the floor thinking hurry up mate got drinking to do. That's how I used to treat gankers in other games, hurry up mate got things to do. Id just stand there let them kill me and then carry on with what I was doing.

However in ED its easier to log into PG or solo and cut out the middle man altogether.

Originally Posted by GJ51 View Post (Source)
    Meh

Solo - PG
    Meh, I got bored of everyone being too nice. Started to give me the creeps...

While I absolutely suck at PvP, and wouldn't dream of engaging any competent opponent on my terms, it is rather hilarious when I get attacked and I either transform in to Hans Solo, or just become a bumbling mess.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Originally Posted by Krash View Post (Source)
    The etiquette at these guardian sites and Davs Hope, Conda crash sites is rather ambiguous. I've tried talking to CMDRs and all I get is hostility or indifference. The most likely response is a menu log.
    Trouble is, whenever two CMDRs instance together at these places, it mucks up the "process" for somebody or, at the very least, means that a lot of the loot will be missing for somebody.

Whenever I'm somewhere like the Guardian ruins, I re-log in Solo to get stuff done and then log into Open to see if there's anybody else around who I can help out without getting in their way.

Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    Trouble is, whenever two CMDRs instance together at these places, it mucks up the "process" for somebody or, at the very least, means that a lot of the loot will be missing for somebody.

Whenever I'm somewhere like the Guardian ruins, I re-log in Solo to get stuff done and then log into Open to see if there's anybody else around who I can help out without getting in their way.
    Well that certainly explains the hostility. Lol

I was running around scanning thingies and picking up random alien poop.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12