Thread: New Scanner and Orbit Lines

New Scanner and Orbit Lines

There's quite a lot of focus on how the new discovery scanner will work regarding the System Map.
    But arguably, of more importance is if it will still populate the HUD view out of the canopy, and the scanner.

If the new scan view is directional, it will be useful to line up based on what you can can actually see.
    Of course, not everything is in the orbital plane, so orbit lines come into play as well.

The proposal doesn't mention this at all - any thoughts?

I asked the question about orbit lines being shown in the last livestream. The answer was that "honking" will reveal the star system's ecliptic plane, rather than the various orbit lines. Combine this with the blurred bluish dots of "gravitational masses" and you may get a decent overview sooner or later.

Originally Posted by MadDogMurdock View Post (Source)
    There's quite a lot of focus on how the new discovery scanner will work regarding the System Map.
    But arguably, of more importance is if it will still populate the HUD view out of the canopy, and the scanner.

If the new scan view is directional, it will be useful to line up based on what you can can actually see.
    Of course, not everything is in the orbital plane, so orbit lines come into play as well.

The proposal doesn't mention this at all - any thoughts?
    It's a good question, I *think* Adam said something about moving the view, which I initially took to mean changing the direction the ship was pointing in, but I don't think it's clear at the moment. We really need to see it in action. Every time I try and think about it I can't conceive how it works lol