Thread: Thanks to [redacted], why ED needs an orrery before the 2019 update drought...

Thanks to [redacted], why ED needs an orrery before the 2019 update drought...

Because I am entitled gamer...
    Tho' seriously, now USS are becoming semi persistent in systems and mapping is becoming part of the gameplay, 3.3 would be the perfect time to drop an orrery. It doesn't need all the bells and whistles, just waypoints, time speed (back / forward to see how the system moves) and intelligent zoom.
    So, please?!?

Originally Posted by Franc Kaos View Post (Source)
    Because I am entitled gamer...
    Tho' seriously, now USS are becoming semi persistent in systems and mapping is becoming part of the gameplay, 3.3 would be the perfect time to drop an orrery. It doesn't need all the bells and whistles, just waypoints, time speed (back / forward to see how the system moves) and intelligent zoom.
    So, please?!?
    Can't see it happening, as (some of) the things you would imagine an orrery providing appear to be coming in the new scanner screen. So to do an Orrery would replicate what's in the new scanner I suspect.

Orrery is big piece of work and FD will put it aside as long as they can, because list of things to add is huge. But that's true that with new system orrery would make much more sense.