Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Player - where can I buy Python

I've used Inara to pick out a station in a Li Yong-Rui controlled station, they'll be highlighted as a discount. For instance, from Eranin you can buy a Python for a bit over 48MCr at either Archimedes City or Tull Gateway in BD+49 1280 as opposed to the usual 57MCr. It might be 56ly, but I think in this case it'll be worth the savings.

Hmm... I don't suppose one of your vessels is named Aribeth de Tylmarande, would it? (It was a great game not the least for which is they wanted you to mod it to death)

DIAGUANDRI, Ray Gateway. All ships and modules 15 % cheaper!

Originally Posted by Imo View Post (Source)
    DIAGUANDRI, Ray Gateway. All ships and modules 15 % cheaper!
    Ignore my post. Misread.

You need about 90 million to get a safe Python. 60 mil is not enough. It'll be too slow and impossible to escape from interdictors. Don't think that it'll be abattleship. The enemy NPCs will mysteriously become bigger and stronger too when you upgrade your ship. The most important upgrades for a stock Python are A-grade thrusters and power distributor to get some speed. You'll probably want an A grade FSD too to get a decent jump range. Those three modules cost 30 mil, then you need say 10 mil to cover two rebuys. That's 100 mil total without looking at shields or weapons!

Originally Posted by d8veh View Post (Source)
    You need about 90 million to get a safe Python. 60 mil is not enough. It'll be too slow and impossible to escape from interdictors. Don't think that it'll be abattleship. The enemy NPCs will mysteriously become bigger and stronger too when you upgrade your ship. The most important upgrades for a stock Python are A-grade thrusters and power distributor to get some speed. You'll probably want an A grade FSD too to get a decent jump range. Those three modules cost 30 mil, then you need say 10 mil to cover two rebuys. That's 100 mil total without looking at shields or weapons!
    Makes sense, got it...thanks!

Originally Posted by JG53_KurtKnispel View Post (Source)
    Hi All,

Even though I have been playing ED since 2014, I'm relatively new to the game. I used to just login once in a while and play for about an hour or so when I had some free time - solo play. Since I got my HTC Vive in December 2016 however I have been a bit more involved with the game. I pretty much only focus (for now) on trade missions and I have not yet ventured too far away from my home base/system - Azeban City/Eranin. I'm close to getting 60 million credits and I'm very much interested to buy Python, so I would like to kindly ask experienced players what's the closest system/location where I can buy Python.

Thanks for your help!
    Hi, may I respectfully suggest that before you invest in a Python, it may be best to upgrade to another more affordable ship so you can quickly obtain the 40-60 million + that you need?

Can you tell us what ship you use mostly and what new type of gameplay are you wanting to do e.g. just continue with Trading, or Exploration or Combat & Bounty Hunting etc.

Then I'm sure some of us will be happy to recommend the right ship and modules and where to find it at the best price.

Originally Posted by Conde View Post (Source)
    Hi, may I respectfully suggest that before you invest in a Python, it may be best to upgrade to another more affordable ship so you can quickly obtain the 40-60 million + that you need?

Can you tell us what what ship you use mostly and what new type of gameplay are you wanting to do e.g. just continue with Trading, or Exploration or Combat & Bounty Hunting etc.

Then I'm sure some of us will be happy to recommend the right ship and modules and where to find it at the best price.

Agreed, 60 million is not enough.
    The hull alone is 55+.

I don't know anything about engineers, I will start working on that once I get my python, thanks
    Just make sure you can afford it twice before you buy. If you can't, get an AspX (a few of the internals can be transferred. I. E. The FSD)

OP, I'd suggest waiting at least until you can afford something like this: https://s.orbis.zone/f42
    Then if you buy it all in LYR space you'll have a few rebuys already.
    I suggest only D and A rated core modules.

You can start to work on engineering right away that said.

What is your current ship?
    What platform are you on?
    Winging up with a higher ranked player can get you a quick influx of cash.

Originally Posted by Bob Lighthouse View Post (Source)
    OP, I'd suggest waiting at least until you can afford something like this: https://s.orbis.zone/f42
    Then if you buy it all in LYR space you'll have a few rebuys already.
    I suggest only D and A rated core modules.

You can start to work on engineering right away that said.

What is your current ship?
    What platform are you on?
    Winging up with a higher ranked player can get you a quick influx of cash.
    I have Cobra Mk III, I then I bought Transporter 7 and I earned 65 million credits with it. Today I went to Aulin Enterprise/Aulin system and bought the Python. I have sold the Tp 7 and I had close to 90 million credits beore I purchased the python. I have outfitted the python Aulin Enterprise but it's not fully upgraded. I will have to figure out where else in the system I can fully upgrade it. Still have 14 million in reserve I think insurance cost for the python is around 4 million I think. The python is going to be my universal ship, I only play solo and AI shouldn't be an issue. My Tp 7 didn't even have any weapons and I never got intercepted. I think of the python as a Cobra Mk III upgrade...time to get few millions by trading before I can fully upgrade the python.

I think insurance cost for the python is around 4 million I think. The python is going to be my universal ship, I only play solo and AI shouldn't be an issue.
    Mine is +8m credits insurance, so keep in mind every purchase you do on your ship will change that number.
    AI's are'nt a problem w the python, i have always won the interdiction...but keep in mind also that with every kill you make, these AI's grow stronger on you.
    I never killed one, so i only get poor skilled AI's and that's how i want to keep it.
    The python has not a big range, but i find that the best part because who needs a long range when you want to discover, right ?
    For discovering and scanning i almost always use my other ships, because they all (exept the pythons) have a scanner...but i have to admid that the python is faster than any of my other ships when crusing in a system.

Credits come easy and the missions bring you alot of mats, especialy if you take many little ones you'll get more goodies. Have fun !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12