Thread: Taking family into space - Anaconda plus multicrew

Taking family into space - Anaconda plus multicrew

Elite Dangerous Horizons, Anaconda with multicrew, 2 computers, 2 commander accounts, create a private group online, 1 Oculus VR and a 7 year old grandson (wearing the VR set).

Very cool idea and certain to entertain the kids. I may do this with a few of my mates who play but haven't experienced Elite in its full VR glory yet.

Originally Posted by steve_muzz View Post (Source)
    Very cool idea and certain to entertain the kids. I may do this with a few of my mates who play but haven't experienced Elite in its full VR glory yet.
    My grandson is 7 and loves anything to do with space. So every time he comes round he wants to go out there. I have 5 other grandchildren but 2 are girls (not interested) and the other 2 grandsons are too young. Took him around SOL last weekend, he just sits there with his VR goggles on and while I fly around using a screen, he says things like "fly over to Mars!" and "Go round the Earth again!" and such like.

I'm assuming this is via LAN. Does that solve the connection issues that MC is known for?

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    I'm assuming this is via LAN. Does that solve the connection issues that MC is known for?
    No not a LAN, just a standard Internet connection in an Elite group of 2. Mind you I have very fast connection speeds, I have no problems at all with it, at least not yet.

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    Originally Posted by galaxias View Post (Source)
    No not a LAN, just a standard Internet connection in an Elite group of 2. Mind you I have very fast connection speeds, I have no problems at all with it, at least not yet.
    Same here. I rarely have a problem with multi-crew or wing connection via two accounts where they seem to be connected to the same ED (using AmazonWebServices(AWS) probably) regional server via my internet connection. A good ISP connection seems to resolve most issues and supposed ED "bugs" stemming from flaky connections imo. Yes occasional dropout, but every MMO in game history has had this general problem when managing players in a same instance remotely from a server.

Originally Posted by krylite View Post (Source)
    A good ISP connection seems to resolve most issues and supposed ED "bugs" stemming from flaky connections imo. Yes occasional dropout, but every MMO in game history has had this general problem when managing players in a same instance remotely from a server.
    I agree with this 100%

Originally Posted by krylite View Post (Source)
    Same here. I rarely have a problem with multi-crew or wing connection via two accounts where they seem to be connected to the same ED (using AmazonWebServices(AWS) probably) regional server via my internet connection. A good ISP connection seems to resolve most issues and supposed ED "bugs" stemming from flaky connections imo. Yes occasional dropout, but every MMO in game history has had this general problem when managing players in a same instance remotely from a server.
    This ^^^^ and thinking of adding a third account soon.