Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 22252627

Thread: The 15 second logout timer in action

Originally Posted by Bob Lighthouse View Post (Source)
    You are dancing for free right now.
    But I am entertaining myself. Any other enjoyment is purely coincidental.

Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    But I am entertaining myself. Any other enjoyment is purely coincidental.
    Sounds like PVP.

What restaurant do you work at?

Most SAG members make less than $16k/yr, for the record.

Sounds like PVP.

What restaurant do you work at?
    I don’t. I’m a network admin.

Originally Posted by Touch of Grey View Post (Source)
    I was reading this thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...combat-logging and decided to try out the timer at the CG when sure enough, immediately griefed non-stop by wanted players who want me to be their content. Not wanting to spend 12M a pop on rebuys, I used the timer. It worked as advertised, normally followed up by "friend" requests that turned out to be anything but, and threats to send the video to something called "elite combat loggers" (that's like a shaming site i guess).

Why am I only finding out about this wonderful piece of kit now?

Have some Rep good sir

Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    I don’t. I’m a network admin.

No craft services there I suppose.

Do they pay the SAG rate?

What I find sad after watching the clogging rage away for so many years is that FD actually caved and attempted to stop it. So they add a timer, stop alt-f4 all this was wasted development time trying to force people to play they way others want. People play the game in a way they find enjoyment and it maybe contrary to the other players and the fd beliefs. There is still multiple ways to clog instantly bypassing everything that they have done. Even tomorrow if the disable the keyboard and mouse and force everyone to a hotas, I can still show you how to clog away. Trying to continually make changes to force people to play the way fd and other players want has been one of the core issues. Even in solo mode the esc / resume are meaningless and I have to put up with the timer as well when I want to stop for the day.

No craft services there I suppose.

Do they pay the SAG rate?
    Slightly better, but I do get SAG rates for endorsements, promotional materials, and other media productions.

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post (Source)
    yes....but its totally legit and legal griefing. However interdicting the same player over and over is harassment and IS a violation of game rules.
    That would also have to depend on the intent. If you're deliberately targeting THAT player with the intent to spoil the game for them then yes, that's griefing. If you're just killing everyone in a system (e.g., blockading a CG or powerplay system) and that player happens to come back and you keep interdicting them, then it really isn't.

To be fair people complaining about going into open and getting griefed is just like,

Watching the news on the Syrian civil war. Then going to Syria for a shopping spree while you're complaining about people trying to kill you.

If people are still justifying clogging even if it's multiple deaths and interdiction.

Then it's on the retard that keep dying with the knowledge and the options already at your fingertips.

If the people are stupid enough to feel griefed after all that.

They deserve every bit of salt grind people can get out of them.

Their own stupidity allowed it to happen.

You could have gitted gud and just escaped like a man, OP.

If I can do it in an Asp, a viper, etc., then you can certainly do it in a krait.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 22252627