Thread: Question about C&P System

Question about C&P System

If I'm clean and somebody interdicts and shoots me, shouldn't this person get WANTED?
    Happened to me a few times today, that I was shot at and couldn't shoot back, because then I would be wanted (which I wanted to avoid).

It could be, that I'm wanted in another system, but still...

Originally Posted by CMDR TCW|Jocki View Post (Source)
    If I'm clean and somebody interdicts and shoots me, shouldn't this person get WANTED?
    Happened to me a few times today, that I was shot at and couldn't shoot back, because then I would be wanted (which I wanted to avoid).

Make sure you're not hostile.

If someone attacks you they will become wanted and you can retaliate free from punishment.

Originally Posted by CMDR TCW|Jocki View Post (Source)
    If system is not anarchy, yes.

Shoot at doesn't mean it will be wanted. They have to hit you, successfully and with enough force.

Two things spring to mind. 1) You may have been in an Anarchy system. 2) You have your 'Report Crimes against Me' toggle to off. You may want to consider if you are pledged to a PP Power as well.

Do you have crime reporting enabled?

If you are clean and an attacker isn't becoming wanted, then the likelihood is that you've turned off "Report Crimes Against Me" in your right HUD, functions tab.

Being wanted in another system could be a thing if the attacker is a player, not an NPC, and they are scanning you with a Kill Warrant Scanner. For this to be the case, the minor faction that has a bounty on you elsewhere would have to aligned to the same superpower as the minor faction in whose space you are currently in.

Being hostile doesn't affect this. A ship that is hostile to you will still become wanted as soon as they hit you with their weapons.

Hmm, probably the crime reporting thing. Will have to check, thx so far!
    BTW: With shot at me, I meant they hit me^^
    Was in the current CG System, so no anarchy, also I'm not hostile and belong to no faction.