Thread: Dino fights are ruined...

Dino fights are ruined...

Why does one dinosaur run away and scream at a wall for 3 minutes twice during every fight? Now they each take like 8-10 minutes when they used to take 2-3.
    Just did 5 fights in a row and this happened in every single one of them. Took 40+ minutes. More than half of that time was just a dino screaming at a wall... Really annoying.

They are animals, not killing machines. This is not a dinosaur fighting game. Now carnivores are more realistic with territorial fights.

Originally Posted by Parritron View Post (Source)
    They are animals, not killing machines. This is not a dinosaur fighting game. Now carnivores are more realistic with territorial fights.
    So roaring into a wall in the middle of a potential deadly confrontation is realistic to you? Haha

Originally Posted by MarcWP View Post (Source)
    So roaring into a wall in the middle of a potential deadly confrontation is realistic to you? Haha
    No, there is still a lot of work to be done, but dino AI 1.4 is more realistic than before.

Originally Posted by Parritron View Post (Source)
    No, there is still a lot of work to be done, but dino AI 1.4 is more realistic than before.
    Well at least surplus killings happen in the wild. But roaring without purpose in the middle of a confrontation doesn't. So I'm not sure why it's more realistic now to be honest...

Originally Posted by MarcWP View Post (Source)
    Well at least surplus killings happen in the wild. But roaring without purpose in the middle of a confrontation doesn't. So I'm not sure why it's more realistic now to be honest...
    If you really want to get technical, despite the modern outlook on these creatures as movie monsters, these were animals. Animals of that size would often not even try to fight each other, even if they were of different species. Territorial aggression would stiill happen, but mosto f the times these animals would try to avoid fighting as much as possible because in that world ANY injury is most likely certain death, too high risk. The animal would likely be unable to hunt with an injury in the right place, forcing it into starvation. So the fact they even fight as often as they do is already unrealistic. I'm fine with it, its a game, its about the spectacle, but complaining about hte fact its not to the death is kindof eh. I mean you do lose a bit of the whole fighting feel but oh well. As for the roaring, once dominance is established, the winning animal rarely pursues the loser, once again, too much risk, its already won, why risk an injury if you try and use violence. The losing animal may often also signal its submission with vocalization as it retreats. The fact theyre doing it against a wall as you say well, its a game, and that comes with some problems, like not being able to make unique animations and behaviours for everything right from the get go. Hell, there is also such a thing as diminishing returns, the point at which the work you put into something thats fairly small wont provide enough return for the time invested. It may be a bit silly, maybe it will get tweaked, or expanded, who knows.

you can't ruin something which already sucks by default

i wouldn't call these fights they are more like staring contests....i don't usually make them kill each other cause the so called fighting is lame