Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So... all planets are up for grabs... What are you aiming for?

I am assuming that all the "pre-Explored" systems -Sol, Achenar, and pretty much anywhere with over 1 million population - is going to be pre-mapped and therefore no Map Tags available. Just like they were pre-discovered and therefore no Discovery Tags available.

So unless a PMF has claimed for their home system a small, underpopulated system, they won't be able to Tag it for themselves.

Originally Posted by Commander Danicus View Post (Source)
    Uranus.
    This made me chortle heartily in a puerile way. Have some rep

I'll be aiming for the first star to the right, then straight on 'til morning .

I could say (quite) a few things. But I won't. o7

Originally Posted by Sapyx View Post (Source)
    I am assuming that all the "pre-Explored" systems -Sol, Achenar, and pretty much anywhere with over 1 million population - is going to be pre-mapped and therefore no Map Tags available. Just like they were pre-discovered and therefore no Discovery Tags available.

So unless a PMF has claimed for their home system a small, underpopulated system, they won't be able to Tag it for themselves.
    Yeah I'd be very surprised if the main Elite core worlds were unmapped.

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    I'm aiming at being 5 kly away from the bubble and do some leisurely exploration without worrying about the rat race. So I can enjoy and explore the new features we've been given.
    That's kind of my plan too. I've already started my outward journey in preparation.

Personally I will probably start at my home system and work my way around the surrounding systems creating my own little discovery "bubble". I haven't decided to try for one of the prestigious ones as I think there are plenty CMDR's that will be going for them and it will probably come down to skill acquired from the beta, download speed and luck.

I can't help to wonder if servers will even cope when multiple commanders hand in exploration data for the same planet at relatively the exact same time...

Not saying, don't want anyone to beat me to it.

Also does anyone know if open beta mappings will be transferred to production?

Originally Posted by Xtopher SI View Post (Source)
    First Mapped Tag Rush. At this point any planet can be claimed! I'm sure you would want your name on some of the most acclaimed and well known planets in the bubble. Remember though it's only yours when you return to a station to cash in. So which will it be?
    I do not care about claiming/tagging stuff at all.
    It does nothing for me.

Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post (Source)
    Also does anyone know if open beta mappings will be transferred to production?
    Except for the last beta before gold, all that happens in beta stays in beta.

Originally Posted by Xtopher SI View Post (Source)
    First Mapped Tag Rush. At this point any planet can be claimed! I'm sure you would want your name on some of the most acclaimed and well known planets in the bubble. Remember though it's only yours when you return to a station to cash in. So which will it be?
    i would like to dig out my 1st discovered by systems and revisit them to get 1st scanned on them too.

i am not bothered about having my name on popular sites.

Remember that beside mapping, you have to go back and sell the data...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234