Thread: If I travel too far from the main sequence ⭐️, will I stop seeing USSes?

If I travel too far from the main sequence ⭐️, will I stop seeing USSes?

Iíve found some High Grade Emissions emissions that are giving me some mats that I need. Iím just traveling in a straight line, waiting til I find one, and dropping out of supercruise. Iím 40K LY away from the main sequence ⭐️. If you get too deep into deep space, will you stop seeing USSes?

You mean 40k Ls?

Anyway, no, you can find USSes as far out as you care to go.

Whatever you're doing, keep doing it!

Yeah. When you're kinda far out, the only things you can find will be wrecked exploration ships with data caches you can pick up, and even further out, nothing. Usually when I start seeing USS again is when I turn my shields back on.

edit: Oh, you mean while in system... idk.

Apologies for being pedantic, but it is just the "main star".

Main sequence stars are the scoopable O, B, A, F, G, K, M stars.

I don't think they stop generating as you go further out but you might end up travelling too fast to intercept them.

Rep to the Op, fair question and rep awarding use of a symbol in the title.

Cannot answer the question though, someoone mad enough to try, will know and be along.

Simon

Originally Posted by MadDogMurdock View Post (Source)
    I don't think they stop generating as you go further out but you might end up travelling too fast to intercept them.
    I was having a slow brain day when that happened to me for the first time. I was this >< close to putting in a bug report about intermittent USSs popping up on the screen but not on the navigation list, when I realised what was happening.