Thread: blocky interface which is great for consoles not PC's

blocky interface which is great for consoles not PC's

I brought the game as I love Jurassic Park, and was really expecting a good game. And it is a good game. The thing that BOTHERS me so much, is that you can tell straight away that this game is made for a console. Frontier did a great job on Planet Coaster - their continued support for the product is better than what most companies do (updates are still coming) however, I couldn't put my finger on exactly what was wrong until I stumbled across a post clearly labeling that this was made primarily for consoles. Menu's are very blocky and squarey, I can't click on a part of the park to get rid of a pop up box that is currently active. You can just feel that somethings not quite right. It's a real shame. Another option is that when you pause the game and Alt Tab - the sound still continues to play so you have to minimise the sound.

I really hope that they have a team that is focused purely on at least trying to make it more for a PC - and the user interface less clunky. However I feel as though the only 'updates' there will be won't be for User Interface because it's too baked into the product.

Anyone agree or have any other points?

Originally Posted by rob82aus View Post (Source)
    I brought the game as I love Jurassic Park, and was really expecting a good game. And it is a good game. The thing that BOTHERS me so much, is that you can tell straight away that this game is made for a console. Frontier did a great job on Planet Coaster - their continued support for the product is better than what most companies do (updates are still coming) however, I couldn't put my finger on exactly what was wrong until I stumbled across a post clearly labeling that this was made primarily for consoles. Menu's are very blocky and squarey, I can't click on a part of the park to get rid of a pop up box that is currently active. You can just feel that somethings not quite right. It's a real shame. Another option is that when you pause the game and Alt Tab - the sound still continues to play so you have to minimise the sound.

I really hope that they have a team that is focused purely on at least trying to make it more for a PC - and the user interface less clunky. However I feel as though the only 'updates' there will be won't be for User Interface because it's too baked into the product.

Anyone agree or have any other points?
    I agree, the devs have done it all backwards, they're supposed to port a console version from the PC version not port a console game to PC