Thread: Triceratops skins.

Triceratops skins.

Triceratops needs some love. The patterns themselves are fine, but the horns are always the same texture as the skin regardless of which pattern you use. This makes it look like a poorly painted toy. The horns shouldn't have the same stripes and patterns as the skin. The should look more like the horns on the sinoceratops, which looks fantastic. There's no break in texture at all. It just looks like the whole animal fell in a bucket of paint. Bleh. I also think it deserves a higher rating, even though it's a starter dinosaur. More genes should be allowed as well. It's not my favorite dino, but it's unarguably one of the most popular and deserves a little more TLC.

Originally Posted by Tarzanboyy View Post (Source)
    Triceratops needs some love. The patterns themselves are fine, but the horns are always the same texture as the skin regardless of which pattern you use. This makes it look like a poorly painted toy. The horns shouldn't have the same stripes and patterns as the skin. The should look more like the horns on the sinoceratops, which looks fantastic. There's no break in texture at all. It just looks like the whole animal fell in a bucket of paint. Bleh. I also think it deserves a higher rating, even though it's a starter dinosaur. More genes should be allowed as well. It's not my favorite dino, but it's unarguably one of the most popular and deserves a little more TLC.
    I always thought that it's because some dinos with smaller horns (like Sinoceratops) have them covered with skin, while the dinos with long horns have them bare "bone". Just like our modern animals.