Thread: Need help wit my python mining build

Need help wit my python mining build

Hey guys im pretty new to the game and need help with my shieldless mining build

basically when I have the PIP set to MAX on weapons the lasers will fire until the rock has about 60% left then I need to wait to recharge before going again

Is there anyway with the following build that I can achieve this? I want to strip an asteroid asap

https://coriolis.io/outfit/python?co...D%3D&bn=Quiche

Don't fly shieldless.

The Pythons hull is made of paper, and has plenty of internal space for shields and everything else you made need.

Getting greedy will get you killed.

Also, don't worry about stripping a rock quickly, you still have to wait for the limpets to do their job (slowly, and suicidally, of course).

(Can't open the link on my phone, so can't comment on anything else)

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Bigger PD and engineering.

I just use two mining lasers. The limpets take their time any way. Also if you put in shields and weapons you don't have to fear pirates

Replace your internal E modules with Ds and to help with your power running out fast while firing those mining laser you will need a 7A power distributor.

Yeah, I just use 2 mining lasers in the smaller hardpoints, with 2 limpet controllers, the limpets will still take time in any case. With 2 medium mining lasers you will have depleted the rock before the limpets can collect eveything, so no need for more lasers.

You don't needthree mining lasers with 6 limpets. Two is enough. Otherwise you need to get your PD engineered and more limpets.

Your jump range isn't enough. You might not be able to escape after interdiction.

thanks for the replies guys

I do not have horizons yet so engineering is out the window although im very tempted to buy it today

also can you guys tell me how i should setup the ship so i can have weapons and shields but maximise cargo space? thanks

Originally Posted by barnett71 View Post (Source)
    thanks for the replies guys

I do not have horizons yet so engineering is out the window although im very tempted to buy it today
    Buy it!

So much more content. Without engineering you will be at a significant disadvantage.

Weapons focussed PD will let you fire the mining lasers indefinitely.
    Reinforced shield will get you out of Dodge
    Dirty drives will turn the slug into a rabbit

just bought it so gonna go through engineer missions now