Thread: Wing Missions Nerfed?

Wing Missions Nerfed?

We used to get regular 10 to 50 Mil Source & Return Wing Missions, I haven't see anything above 10 Mil since the last update - anyone else experiencing same? I've been reading that payouts have risen by 10%, well not from my perspective they haven't!...

I may be wrong but I thought the 10% rise in rewards was due in the next update when they fix the board flipping. I’ve taken a few source and return missions around the 10-15M mark but never seen one for 50M credits. That’s only my experience of course so I can’t say they’ve been ‘nerfed.’

The 60MCr palladium supply missions are no longer with us it seems. Maybe they are just sleeping or pining for the fjords but in truth I suspect they are ex-missions.

Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post (Source)
    The 60MCr palladium supply missions are no longer with us it seems. Maybe they are just sleeping or pining for the fjords but in truth I suspect they are ex-missions.
    I think they still offer these missions in Bolton.

Note: the payouts on these are not as good as they sound once you calculate the cost of the materials you need to buy and subtract that from the payout. Wing delivery missions are really bad payout per tonne compared to solo delivery missions but not done a detailed comparison between the collection missions wing versus solo.

Originally Posted by Rob_the_Sparky View Post (Source)
    Note: the payouts on these are not as good as they sound once you calculate the cost of the materials you need to buy and subtract that from the payout. Wing delivery missions are really bad payout per tonne compared to solo delivery missions but not done a detailed comparison between the collection missions wing versus solo.
    It really depends how you look at it, I guess. The wing missions done in a wing have similar (albeit a little lower) payouts to solo missions (naturally this is a case by case. RNG can troll you pretty hard). Wing missions done solo have bigger payouts, but take much longer, so imho if you're after Cr/Hr, they're not worth it.

There are still some well-paying wing missions, but the nerf from the previously high values for everything was fairly well publicised. They are now subject to the whims of the RNG.

The 10% across-the-board increase has not happened yet.

Originally Posted by Rock Hunter View Post (Source)
    I may be wrong but I thought the 10% rise in rewards was due in the next update when they fix the board flipping. I’ve taken a few source and return missions around the 10-15M mark but never seen one for 50M credits. That’s only my experience of course so I can’t say they’ve been ‘nerfed.’
    Thanks, from conversations with Wing Mates I think that the mission values are linked to your Trade rank?

Payouts are linked to local reputation and mission rank. I believe that the rank of the missions offered to you do vary based on your rank (which rank depends on the mission type, trade rank for trade missions, etc) so in effect payout is based on your rank but not as directly as you suggest.

As I understand it the higher the rank of the mission the higher it's rewards are likely to be and the better your reputation with the minor faction offering the mission the higher the chances of being offered a high rank mission. The link between your rank and mission ranks is now tenuous at best, in the ancient past you couldn't take missions of much greater rank than your own.