Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Had the urge to play elite dangerous

Originally Posted by babelfisch View Post (Source)
    Pretty much this. I can't really follow the argument.

- I wanted to play Elite Dangerous
    - Then I remembered that I own an unengineered Corvette and some other Engineered ships
    - I no longer want to play because I own a Corvette and don't want to Engineer it

OP didn't even know about his Corvette when he wanted to play Elite, so how does it change anything?
    He's prone to obssesive behavior so he feels compelled to finish what he started. Wnd just ignoring it is going to nag bim the entire time hes playing making it less enjoyable than just not bothering.

Im doing that with SAO Fatal Bullet and the New DLC cause I dont feel like grinding out the new weapons yet.

Originally Posted by Kamiyoda View Post (Source)
    He's prone to obssesive behavior so he feels compelled to finish what he started. Wnd just ignoring it is going to nag bim the entire time hes playing making it less enjoyable than just not bothering.

Im doing that with SAO Fatal Bullet and the New DLC cause I dont feel like grinding out the new weapons yet.
    Thanks, I actually understand that. It's the reason I stopped playing The Witcher 3.

But getting off the game and coming here was a waste of time too.

@OP:

You may not have enough mats to fully engineer a corvette, but it's likely that you could get at least grade 2-3 modules (which wouldn't take very long if you limit yourself to the most important modules), and with that your corvette would already be a decent ship.

I understand the OP'S frustration.
    Trying to things in a timely manner is a bit of a farce in this game.
    Material traders rip you off.
    Certain rare materials are a total pain in the behind to obtain as they appear in the same type of USS and system states as others.
    The increased amount of materials that are effectively wasted en route to the higher grades makes material gathering more frequent.

'Just do what you want and collect as you go' what I want to do is get my engineering done.

Fortunately it looks as though some of the annoyances of finding high grade signal sources will be addressed. Although part of me is waiting for the other shoe to drop and see what must be sacrificed for the gain. As in when a lot of player base cheered when we were told that engineering would always give a better grade than the previous. Then they dropped 1-5ing into the mix. Or when they announced material traders and then told us about the exorbitant exchange rates.

Material traders give us a way to clear out more space for collecting materials that doesn't involve jettisoning them.... I have way more materials than I need on both of my characters, but I eat what I kill and stay flexible so I can take advantage of opportunities, like, I didn't even know that there were tons of materials at ice geyser sites but since I had my SRV on a passenger mission, took the time to hop out and take a closer look, I was able to collect a couple dozen (so more like 72 after the multiplier) elements in about 15 minutes on top of the million I made for the fare. Not bad for a D-rated iCourier...

Originally Posted by Deggial View Post (Source)
    What's so wrong about the pleassure of having a long term goal?
    The long term goal was to get the credits and rank to buy it. Some of my other long term goals include never buying another peice of FD software.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234