Page 1 of 70 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1048

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Community guests at FD HQ on 27th for Q4 news

  1. #1

    Community guests at FD HQ on 27th for Q4 news

    "Today is one of those exciting days that you hear about from time to time! We've got a small group of community guests coming to see some of the pre-alpha Chapter 4 content we've been working on, before the beta rolls out "soon"."

    https://twitter.com/edwardclewis/sta...32958410551297

    Will be interesting to see if the outlook of some of the streamers changes at all

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Commander_Tin View Post (Source)
    Pre alpha?
    Yeah, that wording puzzled me as well. If they're still at pre-alpha then I wouldn't expect a beta any time soon.

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by GreyAreaUK View Post (Source)
    Yeah, that wording puzzled me as well. If they're still at pre-alpha then I wouldn't expect a beta any time soon.
    Except they've already announced the BETA is coming Soon™ - so unless they have a very fast life cycle, my guess is that they will be showcasing some pre-Alpha stuff to give some folks a rough idea of what to expect; whilst keeping the actual Alpha-Almost-Beta content under wraps... OR .. Ed made a typo.

  5. #5
    Sounds they about to start to do internal beta soon. Will be interesting to find out what guys have seen/heard.

  6. #6
    I could imagine frontier process is like this,

    Pre Alpha part are in their seperate forms, so the exploration mechanic and mining mechanics are seperate siloed games.
    Alpha is when they start integrating it all into the primary game
    Internal Beta is when they test everything is at least playable
    public beta
    then release version.

    The path from pre Alpha and public beta should be relatively short as well as the integration goes well.

  7. #7
    I see. FD turns more and more into a rumor generator. As if they have learned from CR. Rumors pay better than facts these days...

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Will be interesting to see if the outlook of some of the streamers changes at all
    I'm sure that some won't be able to resist telling people that they know stuff that they're not allowed to talk about.

    It'll be a brave "e-celeb" who claims "great things to come" before the player-base has had an opportunity to properly scrutinise any new content, though.

  9. #9
    Pretty sure all hidden behind an NDA. Otherwise we'd all see it.

    What happened the last time some 'influencers' were invited to FD for tea and crumpets and a look at upcoming game play?

    Nothing.. we were told 'its awesome'... Still waiting for it.

  10. #10
    Please enlighten the uninitiated. Is Soon™ traded in units of month or of years?

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    I'm sure that some won't be able to resist telling people that they know stuff that they're not allowed to talk about.

    It'll be a brave "e-celeb" who claims "great things to come" before the player-base has had an opportunity to properly scrutinise any new content, though.
    I would imagine they will have NDAs, but some, like Malic, were ranting quite a bit about the explo changes - so even just calming down a bit would mean something. I imagine FD are hoping to reduce numbers of streamers stoking up poutrage in the more pliable parts of the community more than anything - when OA etc went to see 2.4 I don't think anything leaked.

    Not long to Beta anyway, just glad FD are talking to someone after this week's news desert

  12. #12
    I’m happy for all of the content creators who were invited, but seeing how I’m sure they won’t be able to record or show us anything anyway I can’t seem to muster much excitement over this. The rest of us are still waiting to learn more about 3.3.

  13. #13
    How about FDev share that information with us? You know, the customers who actually bought the game...

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Frank Cuttings View Post (Source)
    How about FDev share that information with us? You know, the customers who actually bought the game...
    You want ALL the customers who actually bought the game to visit the Frontier offices?

    Originally Posted by picommander View Post (Source)
    Please enlighten the uninitiated. Is Soon™ traded in units of month or of years?
    Unknown. To be disclosed Soon™.

  15. #15
    To be fair, I think they are only getting to see it 1 week before the stream that should show the beta itself?

Page 1 of 70 1236 ... LastLast