Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Off-topic forum

Off-topic forum

I see I cant reply in off-topic, and then I read that it is need for a minimum reputation.
    So is there something more specific, how do I know when I can participate in the off-topic section?

I would like to know more about this too.

I believe that FD decided to not disclose the minimum rep' value to try and stop "gaming of the system".

+1 to you both.
    Hope this helps.

You're honestly not missing much, guys.

I'm afraid we don't divulge the requirements to reach the level to be able to post in the OT forum.

We had a problem a while ago with zero day accounts joining just to post in there so we had to impose a limit.

Best way is to contribute to the main forums and at some point you'll be able to post in OT.

I see. I would suggest considering account age as well.

Originally Posted by chuchu_starship View Post (Source)
    I see. I would suggest considering account age as well.
    You mean like Setting up an account and then returning the next year to post in the Off-Topic section?

9. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #9
    Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    You mean like Setting up an account and then returning the next year to post in the Off-Topic section?
    Thought about it, but that permits of sleeper account, and ultimately persistent trolling. We'll be revisiting the OT Forum section in the coming months.

Please think of only occasional forum posters (like me).
    I do read a lot of stuff, but I don't post often. I only write stuff when I think I have something important to add.
    And this also may be in OT, and to be frank, not being allowed to post there just because having not aggregated enough rep elsewhere is pretty harsh, imho.

Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post (Source)
    Please think of only occasional forum posters (like me).
    I do read a lot of stuff, but I don't post often. I only write stuff when I think I have something important to add.
    And this also may be in OT, and to be frank, not being allowed to post there just because having not aggregated enough rep elsewhere is pretty harsh, imho.
    Harsh, maybe, but also understandable.
    You can think of the Off-topic section as kind of a hangout for people who spend most of the time on this Forum and sometimes just want to discuss something unrelated.
    If you're only an occasional visitor and want to say something unrelated to Elite, you may as well visit a place actually related to the topic in the first place, no?

It's the minority who ruin it for the majority.

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    It's the minority who ruin it for the majority.
    All to often this is the case.

If we mention the ED word will this thread get moved?

You mods could be making a back for own rod with this idea.

Also, the reputation is so easy to come by, these days that it has lost all meaning.

I was gathering my first 1000 rep points for over a year and I earned and appreciated every single one of them. Now I gained (and redistributed) 5000 reps in a couple of months. And it's not because I became funnier or smarter. Because it doesn't matter, any more.
    It's the same as with credits in Elite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast