Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Screen door effect

Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post (Source)
    VR is amazing isnt it!!???
    if you honestly cant see the SDE then for goodness sake do not look for it. ! it is there, and it is worse on the vive (assuming you mean the standard) than the rift, but as you are not noticing it then that is fantastic. dont risk spoiling it for you.

(a bit like the planet projector my son has on his ceiling. i used to think it was great, then someone pointed out the patterns for how it works and now i just cant unsee it!.)
    Yeah is it exactly that sort of thing. Once you see it, it is very hard to un-see it.

I find the video and keybinding link unclear on how to set my hotas x to control the galaxy map.

Can anyone who has successfully managed this post a screen shot of the in game binding screen for the relevant keybinding section ?

It would be amazingly helpful to see this.

I've been using the rift for about a year now, built myself a little hotas chair to enjoy it a little more. I started off feeling a little VR sickness, but now I can fly for hours in my chair, with my rift and my hotas, plus voice control via voice attack and hcs voice pack, and that eddi thing to chat to me about stuff....

All I need now is an attachment to strap a beer can with a straw to my rift and I'm in heaven.

I honestly never really get bothered by the screen door effect. Been playing games since the late 70's, yes on a bbc b, and VR, in a space cockpit, to this level of detail, is just incredible.

It's the thing that draws me back to the game again and again. Even when FD do stupid things like the Gnosis up, I still play it.

Elite Dangerous in VR is the game I dreamed of playing, in the way I dreamed of playing it since I started playing games 40 years ago! A few graphical glitches are just never going to spoil the sheer wonder of sitting in an actual space ship in actual space.

Originally Posted by WordSmith View Post (Source)
    I find the video and keybinding link unclear on how to set my hotas x to control the galaxy map.

Can anyone who has successfully managed this post a screen shot of the in game binding screen for the relevant keybinding section ?
    Can't as I don't have elite installed and I don't plan to in the near future. However, you can set it up yourself easily. Go to controls, find galaxy map section, bind all camera transitions. And remeber that camera starts at a zero-degree angle to the plane the selection cursor uses. Just play with it for a bit and you will get it. Don't forget UI navigation commands, too.

Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post (Source)
    Hi
    did you quote me by mistake or have i missed something?
    I have no idea how I did that. Sorry.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123