Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Double Elite done.....1 Left

Originally Posted by Slobberdog57 View Post (Source)
    As the title says.

Got my Elite in Exploration last night to go with my trade Elite.

got the game/addiction end of October 17 played just over 7 weeks of game time in that period, and still love turning the game on.

Last one to do is my combat, I've got a mere 50% to go, lol could take this lowly old player a while to get to that one, especially when my combat time is dictated to by BGS work.
    Congrats!!!

I'm closing in on my second double Elite, this time on PC.

But like others have said, it looks like a serious grind to get Elite in combat, and I'm stuck around Competent on both PC and XBOX with no desire to grind anymore.

Originally Posted by Greylock View Post (Source)
    Congrats!!!

I'm closing in on my second double Elite, this time on PC.

But like others have said, it looks like a serious grind to get Elite in combat, and I'm stuck around Competent on both PC and XBOX with no desire to grind anymore.
    The combat Elite will come, I got to say though for me when I don't fancy doing anything tedious in Elite, I'll sit on a CNB and create white dots on my scanner, nothing better than a bit of wanton destruction.....

Originally Posted by CMDR labrunning View Post (Source)
    They do work but by far the easiest is turreted AX. They are nippy little blighters, so I just run with all AX turrets, corrosive and hull repair limpets + AMFU to repair damage. You don't need the xeno scanner or shutdown neutraliser. Guardian HRPs are a nice to have, but if you've not done the grind they're in no way necessary.
    I have a Vulture with two AX turrets and size 1 decon and repair limpet controllers, and I can fight scouts in that all day (as long as they don't shoot too many acid missiles) easy peasy. My shields never go down since I'm pretty hard to hit in that small ship. I bought those AXMCs for my Conda, but it actually fared far worse, probably because it is such a big, slow target. It's also way more expensive to fix than my Vulture, which matters since last I did this, scouts were crap for earning credits.

Turrets on a fighter may irk some of you reading this, but I have grown to love them. They let me fly in a wide circle around scouts, thus easily avoiding their incoming fire and acid clouds when they detonate. That said, I had to kill a LOT of scouts to go from low Dangerous to Deadly, and after awhile the repetitive gameplay got boring. With human ships, there is variety in the battles that is lacking with Thargoid scouts.

Originally Posted by CMDR labrunning View Post (Source)
    I can't remember off the top of my head what they rank as, but I seem to recall it was Elite

According to this video by the ever prolific CMDR Exigeous at point #13, Thargoid Scouts offer 4 times the rank of an Elite NPC.

Originally Posted by boppa_ View Post (Source)
    I got my first Elite just the other night.

It was a total surprise, after a year playing the game just for fun.

To me that's what the ranks are about. If you want to consciously grind to achieve them, and that's your thing, fair play to you. But achieving it mindlessly felt very good.
    Best way to do it in my opinion and you are less likely to kill the game. There will often be grind elements to each game, but best to keep them to a minimum where possible and several years on I am still playing it as much as before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12