Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joystick broke. switching to controller?

My T.16000M with TWCS throttle hasn’t gone wrong yet, and it’s survived two years of abuse and even been carted around in a suitcase on a business trip with no ill-effects. Just get one of those.

Every time one of my expensive joysticks broke(3 so far) I would use my original Thrustmaster T-Flight as stand in 'till I could replace the expensive one.
    Then I realised that the T-Flight was the most reliable hotas I have used.
    No more expensive joysticks for me.
    Get yourself a T-Flight.
    Less than 40 and very reliable.

CH Products. I've been on the same set since 2010. No problems.

They last for many years. No Saitek/Logitech twitchy nonsense after a few months.

Controllers, on the other hand, are just too gamey.

Do yourself a favour, get a CH Products HOTAS setup with pedals.

Originally Posted by Bryan K View Post (Source)
    My T.16000M with TWCS throttle hasn’t gone wrong yet, and it’s survived two years of abuse and even been carted around in a suitcase on a business trip with no ill-effects. Just get one of those.
    Yup, if OP can afford a new stick the T16k is very reliable.

Originally Posted by sinkarma View Post (Source)
    So my joystick broke and I am contemplating switching to a controller than buying a new joystick.
    Reason being is all the joysticks I get seem to develoup the same issue: the yaw axis gets funny and starts "twitching" by itself even if I am not touching it.

Took a look at it in the software and you can see the yaw axis "vibrating" while the pitch and roll remain still, even with deadzone applied it still twitches.

Rather ruins immersion and makes it hard to aim

but now

I have gone from harmless to deadly using joystick and learned how to combat using a joystick and learned how to shoot fixed weapons using joystick.
    To now go from joystick to controller or mouse I am going to have to re-learn how to shoot fixed weapons.

Well not entirely re-learn... some skills and knowledge is transferable... but still!

its a pain. but my controller is rather new and its a good quality one and I don't want to buy another joystick

SO! TL : DR I would like some suggestions on how to set up controls for a controller while taking note I will be attempting to use fixed weapons.
    Been using the XBOX One controller for over two years and really like it - also works great when in VR since you never need to look at it and it's wireless (and controls the same as Elite on XBOX and PS4, except for the SRV ugh!)

First Tip - buy the new black model with blutooth. All non-black models I have (white, gray, etc) have drifting issues :-(

Second Tip - start with Default Context control setup. Holding A, B, X, or Y down brings up a popup menu (in case you forget the button combos)

Third Tip - set both bumpers to set throttle to 75% to avoid turns of shame. I also recommend adding the following (I forget what I mapped them to)
    - 0 Throttle
    - 100 Throttle
    - Heatsick
    - Chaff
    - Next Destination (for when you select something other than your next destination)

Final Tip - copy your custom controller config into a new one so it doesn't get wiped on every release :-(

Good luck commander!

PS - While I gave up on my T Flight, I'm thinking of trying the T.16000M....

As someone who used a controller for years - do Keyboard and Mouse or buy a new Hotas - that is unless you never want to used fixed weapons again.

Originally Posted by sinkarma View Post (Source)
    So my joystick broke and I am contemplating switching to a controller than buying a new joystick.
    Reason being is all the joysticks I get seem to develoup the same issue: the yaw axis gets funny and starts "twitching" by itself even if I am not touching it.
    Out of curiosity, which sticks have you tried which have developed this problem?

Any stick with a potentiometer for the yaw will eventually experience this. I've had many sticks develop this problem also.

I'm glad to hear this because I just switched to this stick!

I have a logitech extreme 3d pro joystick

So someone said I should try re-install the drivers. I did. it kinda fixed it... a lil... still a little jittery but I think I can work this now with a deadzone

Take a look here...it sounds like you may have the same issue..

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/in...-pro-cleaning/

Mine has been holding up very well too. But then, I don't abuse my stick like Yamiks does...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12