Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Selecting my reward is giving me tinnitus

Originally Posted by Winterwalker View Post (Source)
    I do use the wavescanner sound cue .. and I know all about tinnitus, drummer!
    I'd like to see a volume option in the SRV right panel. Sometimes wavescanner is relevant, sometimes not.

Not familiar with the sound the OP is talking about but definitely a worthwhile flag (maybe tweak down your game volume when in station meanwhile right?)
    Am I actually missing some scan stuff not tracking the sounds then? I'm only ever looking for minerals, I don't usually care about salvage until maybe we can get an SRV with more storage space than a camping cooler.

Originally Posted by Autoculto View Post (Source)
    I think FD put to much of the game into deciphering sounds. Most Cmdrs are middle aged and their hearing isn't what it used to be. I can't tell the difference in the srv scanner noises or the system map. Which in turn gives me pause for doubt when I've read about the new exploration update relying on more sounds. I hope it's not the case because it could break the game for many people.
    Hey now sonny less of your cheek or I'll bite your ear off as soon as I find my teesh!
    Middle aged... I'm 37...

Originally Posted by CMDR Redcrest View Post (Source)
    Hey now sonny less of your cheek or I'll bite your ear off as soon as I find my teesh!
    Middle aged... I'm 37...

Originally Posted by Tarman View Post (Source)
    Am I actually missing some scan stuff not tracking the sounds then? I'm only ever looking for minerals, I don't usually care about salvage until maybe we can get an SRV with more storage space than a camping cooler.
    I don't know if you'll be missing stuff but there are different audio cues for different salvage and personally I like to watch the road, avoid the rocks and get a heading off the timing of the signal, as a rhythmic part of the wave sweep. (By heck, that sounds posh!) o7

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123