Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Coming back to game.. question about limpet recollect my cargo

  1. #1

    Coming back to game.. question about limpet recollect my cargo

    Hey!

    Try coming back to the game after a while.
    The "new" hatch breakers really spills my cargo around. I still had collector limpets but it did not pick up "my" cargo. How do I make it do that? After killing the npc with the hatch breaker I cant manually collect 40+ canister of cargo manually. I tried. I've got to five of them before all timed out on hull (why so fast, frontier?). Of those five I crashed four because "speeding" at 30 m/s.
    Please tell me it is easy to get my limpets to collect my cargo. How do I do that?

    And as a side question. Is there anyway to defend against hatch breakers without reconfiguring my corvette?

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by NickSick View Post (Source)
    Hey!

    Try coming back to the game after a while.
    The "new" hatch breakers really spills my cargo around. I still had collector limpets but it did not pick up "my" cargo. How do I make it do that? After killing the npc with the hatch breaker I cant manually collect 40+ canister of cargo manually. I tried. I've got to five of them before all timed out on hull (why so fast, frontier?). Of those five I crashed four because "speeding" at 30 m/s.
    Please tell me it is easy to get my limpets to collect my cargo. How do I do that?

    And as a side question. Is there anyway to defend against hatch breakers without reconfiguring my corvette?
    fit a point defense on the closest utility slot towards the cargo hatch
    eventually fit an ECM for the rare event that a hatch breaker attaches (ecm kills them, but also all your limpets)

  3. #3
    It may be depend on how you drop your cargo. Can't remember which way round, but I think Abandoned cargo is ignored, the other one is picked up by your limpets

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by NickSick View Post (Source)
    Hey!

    Try coming back to the game after a while.
    The "new" hatch breakers really spills my cargo around. I still had collector limpets but it did not pick up "my" cargo. How do I make it do that? After killing the npc with the hatch breaker I cant manually collect 40+ canister of cargo manually. I tried. I've got to five of them before all timed out on hull (why so fast, frontier?). Of those five I crashed four because "speeding" at 30 m/s.
    Please tell me it is easy to get my limpets to collect my cargo. How do I do that?

    And as a side question. Is there anyway to defend against hatch breakers without reconfiguring my corvette?
    So just shooting off a "collector" limpet without targeting anything didn't work? Weird, I would have thought that would?

    PS - Do you have anything on your ignore list?

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Dommarraa View Post (Source)
    It may be depend on how you drop your cargo. Can't remember which way round, but I think Abandoned cargo is ignored, the other one is picked up by your limpets
    he didnt drop his cargo, it was spilled by hatchbreakers. didn't you read the op?
    Originally Posted by Greylock View Post (Source)
    So just shooting off a "collector" limpet without targeting anything didn't work? Weird, I would have thought that would?

    PS - Do you have anything on your ignore list?
    your own collector limpets IGNORE cargo that was extracted from your cargo via hatch breaker as if it was "abandoned" by you.
    AFAIK there is currently no way to auto-collect those spilled containers.

    you either have to manually scoop them, or manually send a suicide collector to each and every spilled container

    ... sometimes i wonder if the question was read before the answers are given

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Bunkerkind Anni View Post (Source)
    he didnt drop his cargo, it was spilled by hatchbreakers. didn't you read the op?


    your own collector limpets IGNORE cargo that was extracted from your cargo via hatch breaker as if it was "abandoned" by you.
    AFAIK there is currently no way to auto-collect those spilled containers.

    you either have to manually scoop them, or manually send a suicide collector to each and every spilled container

    ... sometimes i wonder if the question was read before the answers are given
    What a Ray of sunshine you are.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Bunkerkind Anni View Post (Source)
    he didnt drop his cargo, it was spilled by hatchbreakers. didn't you read the op?


    your own collector limpets IGNORE cargo that was extracted from your cargo via hatch breaker as if it was "abandoned" by you.
    AFAIK there is currently no way to auto-collect those spilled containers.

    you either have to manually scoop them, or manually send a suicide collector to each and every spilled container

    ... sometimes i wonder if the question was read before the answers are given
    ok, thanks to you all for your answers.

  8. #8
    And welcome back ! Cmdr

    Fly safe