Page 7 of 7 First 3567

Thread: C&P notoriety is trash for 100 reasons...

Originally Posted by CMDR Redcrest View Post (Source)
    Cutter gets caught for some stupid reason in the landing pad. My own landing pad at a weird angle the also means I'm blocking another.
    If you are approaching the pad from strange angles rather than lining up a suitable distance from the pad before approaching it then that is a user issue.

I have had some weird clipping issues with various ships but it is a rare occurrence and normally happens when I have done something stupid.

If you have the loitering timer, the simple answer is to menu log and then re-attempt the landing.

Meanwhile, I've continued to play since the intro of C&P and, short of a few detours to pay fines and the like, I've barely even noticed that C&P is a thing. And, yes, I break 'laws' in game... So, I don't know, maybe I'm not AFK enough - being AFK seems to be part of the OPs point [of some kind]

Originally Posted by mp4x View Post (Source)
    Meanwhile, I've continued to play since the intro of C&P and, short of a few detours to pay fines and the like, I've barely even noticed that C&P is a thing. And, yes, I break 'laws' in game... So, I don't know, maybe I'm not AFK enough - being AFK seems to be part of the OPs point [of some kind]
    The OP is effectively bemoaning the consequences of their own choices and seems to be oblivious to the fact that there should be consequences. In ED, it is possible to keep the C&P 3.0 consequences in-hand and under control for the majority of cases - you just need to not ignore the consequences for too long.

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    Nope, I prefer it the way around that it currently is. I also want Notoriety of 5+ to never decay.....and to be meaningful for criminals to have (i.e. beneficial for criminals).

EDIT: Though notoriety won't decay, you would be able to "work if off" in various ways.
    Sounds like a great idea. The higher the notoriety, for instance, the more likely NPCs are to drop cargo when you put a shot across their bows (modified, of course, by their defences/armaments & skill level, and further modified by yours...). Yes, I can see quite a bit of gameplay arising from that! Thank you.

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    Dude did you even read his post?

The world is being hammered by people's waste, yet FD rewards he who would leave his computer on all day so a number on a screen reduces.

There's a reason I haven't posted much in DD the last few days.

I've joined a new community elsewhere, discussed FD's business practices and you know what?

We think FD is a prime example of a western business that only cares about money, everyone else be damned.

Seriously considering quitting this community. New place is actually hospitable and the people care about each other. I'm free of FD's grip now, as that much needed social space isn't a ransom anymore.

Have fun killing the planet, if you can take your eyes out of your Rift.
    Do you drive a car? Eat imported food? Live in a house? All those certainly used up a LOT more resources than that. For instance, in Germany, Diesels are now going the way of the Dodo, and German drivers are "encouraged" to buy new cars. Never mind that getting rid of the old cars is an expensive process, not to mention not exactly ecologically sound, and never mind that those new cars were constructed using up resources . . . never mind.

Please don't be overly dramatic. Leaving the computer on for a couple of hours will NOT "kill off" the planet. Dressing yourself in furs from animals you caught yourself (ideally with snares or your bare hands, to avoid further waste of resources), living in a cave and foraging for food will, unsurprisingly, not resolve anything, either.

I am with you on that we should try to conserve certain resources, waste not, want not, and all that, but saying that leaving the computer on is equal to killing off the planet is about as useful as saying that eating a hamburger is the same as committing murder, i.e., not very.

The world is being hammered by people's waste, yet FD rewards he who would leave his computer on all day so a number on a screen reduces.
    Hmm, hardly 'rewards' - more 'tolerates'. Most people can work around C&P and carry on enjoying the game, only a few of the ... challenged follow the OPs route.

We think FD is a prime example of a western business that only cares about money, everyone else be damned.
    You may have been watching a different 24 hour charity livestream last year than the one I was, or possibly you were playing different free updates this year than me. FD is certainly not itself a charity, but there are plenty of worse companies to support.

DD OTOH is pretty toxic and worth avoiding. Think I'll go out for a nice walk

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    DD OTOH is pretty toxic and worth avoiding. Think I'll go out for a nice walk
    Sounds like you are attempting to build up an immunity to iocane... err dangerous discussions.

Originally Posted by BDelacroix View Post (Source)
    Sounds like you are attempting to build up an immunity to iocane... err dangerous discussions.

Originally Posted by 27δ(duuude) View Post (Source)
    Notoriety +1 for running from cops
    Notoriety +2 for killing a player
    Notoriety +3 for skimmer strike missions
    Notoriety +4 for fighting back against cops
    Notoriety +5 for killing trade ships that resist
    Notoriety +6 for crossfire
    Notoriety +7 for assassination missions
    Notoriety +8 for massacre missions
    Notoriety +9 for bounty hunting
    Notoriety +10 for launching a fighter

Time spent in-game: 21 hours
    Time spent in-game AFK: 20 hours
    Profits for FDev Bitmining AFK Clients: unknown

Notoriety +90 for accusing FDev of bit-mining
    New forum tag for complaining about C&P: "illseeyouincourt"
    Cost of hacking the game to check for bit-mining during game-play: Banned account

Reaction from PVE Combat Pilots: *User has left the game*
    Average Steam players Feb '18 (Notoriety is added): 6k
    Average Steam players Sept '18 (mostly AFK): 3k

Reaction from Traders, Explorers, and PVP Combat Pilots: Weapons are for psychopaths anyway
    Penalty for PVP Combat: Run away, usually only one jump away from the next target. Cost: ~1 jump
    Penalty for PVE Combat: Get a new system, new ship, new faction and a new station. Cost: ~1 mil for a combat ship or transfer, Negative influence and rep changes for doing missions for an opposing faction. ~5 jumps if the faction is large.

Penalty for putting players into timeout: PVP in the starter system
    Seeing Fdev tag similar threads with "illseeyouincourt": priceless
    That's 24. List the other 76 or your entire argument is self-invalidated.