Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New delivery missions are terrible!!

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    Main thing about UI design is to assume no one will read anything.
    You mean like Ed handing himself in to the cops accidentally? https://clips.twitch.tv/ArbitraryDig...CakeTBTacoLeft

Main thing about UI design is that someone will always fail to work things out and rage on the internet. Others will just sigh and then try again

Originally Posted by worsin View Post (Source)
    Ok these are terrible still. deliver 2900 goods for 680k. THis would take many trips in a fully rigged out Cutter to complete. This is just terrible payouts.
    That looks like a wing mission, rather than one designed for a solo pilot. You'll find ones that are around hundred units for similar or higher payout, which are for solo pilots. Check a few boards in a few different systems. Then rank with the factions. Big payouts.

edit - Taking the above into account, NO, the new delivery missions are NOT terrible. They are along with the 3.0 planets some of the best things about Beyond.

Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post (Source)
    All depends on what commodities you are transporting and where those commodity's are going. The figures you describe sound like low value cargo or humanitarian cargo runs.

For high profits look for Boom state Extraction/Refinery systems, haul precious metals, missions usually go for 6+ million, load up on as many as your Cutter freighter can carry. Another nice option is boom time deliverys to war states, shipping armour & weapons.
    If you would like to earn money from hauling stuff then listen to this guy ^^ Read what he writes and put it into practice. It's taken me a little while to get the hang of interpreting the information the GalMap provides, its quirky so takes time to learn the quirks but yesterday I was earning 7 million credits per 180 tonnes of gold and 9.6M credits per 180 tonnes of Palladium between two systems less than 6lys apart, with one station 200ls and the other 800ls from the main star drop in point. When that started to dry up (Cutters and T9s' can do that) I used the same principles to find another system elsewhere. The payout is nowhere near as good as I'm not yet Allied but the evidence is there that once I've ingratiated myself with local factions the payouts should be very worthwhile. Bookmark the system and whenever its in Boom you can swing by and see what money is to be made.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    You mean like Ed handing himself in to the cops accidentally? https://clips.twitch.tv/ArbitraryDig...CakeTBTacoLeft

Main thing about UI design is that someone will always fail to work things out and rage on the internet. Others will just sigh and then try again
    LOL.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)

Indeed.

Clicks the option clearly marked 'HAND YOURSELF IN'

Is surprised that he has handed himself in.

Like actually having to read the information presented on the screen is such a drag.

At least Ed had the excuse of being distracted by Will and being live on a stream, not sure that applies to all of the complainants in here who end up in jail for 'no reason'

OP

It takes time to build a trade area. When you first roll up you may not see any good missions till you start getting friendly with the locals. I moved in to a new area yesterday and to start with I was hauling stuff almost at a loss BUT gaining rep. Today I'm making lots of cash with no board flipping now Im allied with the factions I want to be friendly with.

I try to find a refinery economy with big supply and a big stable Industrial system nearby... You'll get lots of fetch missions for metals when you get going. If theres an extraction and/or a high tech nearby you can build a nice little home base and make a lot of cash.

One last thing - Systems change state. You can log in to your own personal goldmine one day and find its gone from Boom to a less desirable state and all those tasty missions have disappeared. It's part of the game, i tend to find another system close by to replace it until it comes back into boom

hope some of this helps

Today i've made 60 milions in 4 hours only with wing missions and a type 7. Im so happy of the outcome. One wing mission paid 14 milions for 590 tons of palladium that i purchased with three trips and evaded all the interceptions. Thinking about upgrading to a type 9 to do multiple missions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12