Thread: Pirating / Liberation missions

Pirating / Liberation missions

i've recently jumped into the pirating game for the last month or so and was having a blast (npc's). take out their weapons, bring their hull down to under 10% and they submit giving me time to collect those 80 tons or so of juicy cargo.

but now from somewhere in the last week this mechanic no longer works. i for the life of me cannot get the npc's to stop. taking out their engines doesn't work because they always seem to travel at 300 m/s and just spread the cargo all over the place.

elite, harmless doesn't matter. they don't stop. if i don't take out their weapons, even with no fsd and 1% hull they just fire and fire. sometimes they just run but never jump. the funniest was a type-7 who had no weapons, no fsd, 1% hull, harmless and it would fly straight boosting at about 200 m/s but never stopped just begging to have its bits repurposed.

i've seen suggestions of bumping them to stop but this seems corny to me. pirating is advertised gameplay and there are endless missions to liberate X amount of goods from ships. what pilot would rather die than submit and give up their cargo? its not like they can still deliver their cargo in the afterlife.

is there some secret i'm missing to make these things stop? i'm unable to complete any of the larger tonnage missions in the current state.

Originally Posted by rekurzion View Post (Source)
    i've recently jumped into the pirating game for the last month or so and was having a blast (npc's). take out their weapons, bring their hull down to under 10% and they submit giving me time to collect those 80 tons or so of juicy cargo.

but now from somewhere in the last week this mechanic no longer works. i for the life of me cannot get the npc's to stop. taking out their engines doesn't work because they always seem to travel at 300 m/s and just spread the cargo all over the place.

elite, harmless doesn't matter. they don't stop. if i don't take out their weapons, even with no fsd and 1% hull they just fire and fire. sometimes they just run but never jump. the funniest was a type-7 who had no weapons, no fsd, 1% hull, harmless and it would fly straight boosting at about 200 m/s but never stopped just begging to have its bits repurposed.

i've seen suggestions of bumping them to stop but this seems corny to me. pirating is advertised gameplay and there are endless missions to liberate X amount of goods from ships. what pilot would rather die than submit and give up their cargo? its not like they can still deliver their cargo in the afterlife.

is there some secret i'm missing to make these things stop? i'm unable to complete any of the larger tonnage missions in the current state.
    Frankly, I've never been able to get an NPC to drop cargo through intentional firing on it. It works sporadically, even shooting out the hatch only drops a small amount of cargo, you need to keep hitting it to cause it to drop more. Since it's only ever a DBE, ASP-E or similar, it doesn't weather a beating too well.

Personally, these would be much better if the target just carried mission cargo and none of this junk stuff.

i've long since given up with tickling the cargo hatch and have gone full mech with limpets. worked for a while. just hope its some kind of bug or random behavior. pirating has been a fun distraction.

Originally Posted by Jmanis View Post (Source)
    Frankly, I've never been able to get an NPC to drop cargo through intentional firing on it. It works sporadically, even shooting out the hatch only drops a small amount of cargo, you need to keep hitting it to cause it to drop more. Since it's only ever a DBE, ASP-E or similar, it doesn't weather a beating too well.

Personally, these would be much better if the target just carried mission cargo and none of this junk stuff.
    The Key is minimal damage but hit registration when the hatch reached the malfunction threshhold,
    a.k.a. small beam laser.

Originally Posted by Julio Montega View Post (Source)
    The Key is minimal damage but hit registration when the hatch reached the malfunction threshhold,
    a.k.a. small beam laser.
    Does it still register as a hit if your using a 'Cytoscrambler' from Archon Delaine ?

To my testing the cytoscrambler does not have the necessary stat to deal module damage,
    thus cannot lead to malfunction via dmg. You need the ability to "breach" and deal module dmg, which the cyto cannot.

Also combining cytos with the experimental scramble spectrum is said to trigger hatch malfunctions,
    i cannot confirm this triggering hatch malfunctions on NPCs. On player ships that is a possibility.
    Testing to my experience yields cargo ejections on NPCs due to "surrendering to overwhelming firepower",
    but not due to malfunctions of scramble spectrum.