Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Text entry using an Android swipey keyboard is more or less broken

Text entry using an Android swipey keyboard is more or less broken

Forum text entry just doesn't play well with Android tablet and phone "swipey keyboard" text entry.

In particular, if the first of the three options for your swipe isn't the one you want, the forum software often mangles the change.

I seem to spend more time editing my posts than I do writing them. And I must set some kind of record for post post-editing.

I realise this isn't Frontier's software - it's something you'll have bought in or a service you've rented. But you could at least nag your suppliers to do something about improving text entry on Android devices.

2. This is the last staff post in this thread. #2
    Known issue, so with that being said... vBulletin 4 series is EOL, we will not be moving to vbulletin 5. We'll be changing forum software come sometime in 2019.

Good to know. Thanks for that.

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    Known issue, so with that being said... vBulletin 4 series is EOL, we will not be moving to vbulletin 5. We'll be changing forum software come sometime in 2019.
    Typed on an Android phone:

I hope you take my post count with it. A fair bit of waffle has gone into that.

aaah so THIS is the new era/milestone for Elite: Beyond Elite : House of Forums! �� �� ��