Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cutter - good PVE weapons load out ?

Originally Posted by GreyAreaUK View Post (Source)
    That's very close to the load out I had in mind - thanks.

Any Engineering recommendations? Power plant, distributor?

Thanks everyone - always good to have options.
    If you go A rated on the PP, just go armored, not even grade 5 needed, go G4. Distributor, there is only one mod; Charge enhanced with CCs. Jankula is right, the Huge hardpoint is a good place to put another autoloader overcharged Multicannon, the huge beam is a bit juicy, even when efficient and multicannons get a big additional bonus in the huge slot because no spin up time and two projectiles fired per shot (despite slower overall ROF).

Originally Posted by TheMegaTurnip View Post (Source)
    You wanna swap the phasing on the C2 to a C3 and the Scramble on the C3 to a C2..
    Phasing is only good with high DPS.

I laid it out that way so that I should always have one of each on a target, whether above or below. May not be optimal, but it works well enough. If I move the MC from the wingtips to the ventral slots, I may do as you suggest regarding the special effects on the pulse.

There are too many "good" PvE builds because you only need "good" for PvE!

Personally, I thing a good PvE build is one which forces you to learn to fight a different way from the way you were fighting in the previous pew pew session!

Just bought a Cutter and once again the dilemma of 'what weapons where?' rears its ugly heid.

Any suggestions? I'd prefer mostly laser if possible, but I'm open to ideas.

Cheers.
    All beam Lasers - EFFICIENT -

1 medium multicannon - Corrosive (for that sexy damage increase)

Power Plant - Over Charged

Power Distributer - Charge Enhanced

If you can't enginner:

All medium Burst Laser
    Rest Pulse

Long range weapons are the TAO.....

Just bought a Cutter and once again the dilemma of 'what weapons where?' rears its ugly heid.

Cheers.
    I generally prefer lasers too but there are some other weapons that have caught my attention.

My personal preference on the cutter is long range mods and turrets everywhere except the nose. For the nose, long range gimballed/fixed - fixed would not be my personal preference on a boat like the Cutter.

my trade cutter loadout https://s.orbis.zone/n2i

no issue with interdiction's... pack hounds are such fun to watch

If you are just talking trade then I go with no weapons. Enaging pirates just wastes time and in a Cutter you can just boost away.

If you enjoy shooting up the enemies the missions send after you just fly about in supercruise in your combat ship for a bit first and they all appear ready to be killed!

My trade cutter's main weapon is its thrusters for escape ability. Nothing catches a boosting cutter...

My trade cutter has a very simple load out of 3 Large efficient beams and 4 medium efficient pulse. All gimbled, with a few effects thrown it.

It's super boring, but super simple. Pull the triggers, put a minimal amount of effort in to roughly align. Wait.

So simple I usually can't be bothered to launch the fighter.

Don't play in open. You are a big fat fish ready to be carved into sushi.

I like OC MCs on large and huge (one corrosive - the rest to taste), and LR burst or beam turrets on the medium hardpoints. The thing turns sooooo slow (even FA off) the turrets make life pretty much easy mode. Can chill in CZs or Res zones forever. Definitely like the big Biweave.

I've seen some people just use 4 rails and reverski, but not a CZ or res build.

Cheers.
    Hi, I have three Cutters, I turned my military one into a shielded CZ mats miner.

I made a pure trade one.

Lately I made an all purpose build, 'thunderbird' that I spend alot of time in right now.

Originally Posted by CMDR IPL Victim View Post (Source)
    Best loadout is one that works for you.

My Cutter weapon load that works for me in PVE:
    C4 Burst -concord seq
    C3 Pulse - phasing
    C3 Pulse - scramble
    C2 pulse - phasing
    C2 Pulse - scramble
    C2 Multi - corrosive
    C2 multi - corrosive

Burst & Multi - gimbal
    Pulse - turret
    Corrosive doesn’t stack.

Originally Posted by C64Fan View Post (Source)
    Corrosive doesn’t stack.
    I run 2 on most ships, usually to get full up down, left right coverage, which isn't so critical with the Cutter, but still, reloads, positioning... I also run a corrosive on each nacelle on the Cutter, call it habit, redundancy and symmetry reasons.

Originally Posted by C64Fan View Post (Source)
    Corrosive doesn’t stack.
    Plus there's the 25% ammo loss as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12