Thread: Why can't I kill pirates in the system that issued the mission?

Why can't I kill pirates in the system that issued the mission?

I've taken a pirate mission out of Agricola's .....eh? , whatever starbase in the Pleiades and sent to neighbouring Maia, where there are very few mission targets. Back at Agricola's..... yeah.... there are tons of said faction pirates but although they show as wanted , no mission target status. what's up with that ?

Because that's the way the missions are generated. Don't suppose there's any other reason than that.

If that was the only problem with missions we'd be in good shape.

2 hours, 6 targets...... joke.!v

Overall, current missions have been made much better than the oldendays, but hopefully will suck when compared to future iterations. So far that trend has been consistent. When we start wishing for oldenday missions then we're in real trouble.

Think of it this way: The faction that gave you the mission has a beef with certain members of a rival faction, not all the faction, just a group that did something to warrant a KOS being issued. The originating faction doesn't want an all out war, they only want certain pirates destroyed, and they hired you to do it.

Yeah this would be nice and make a lot of sense.

My take is that it's problems with that faction undertaking operations in that particular system. So the Sol Mafia may be based in Sol, and you'll find plenty of their targets in Sol, but they may be undertaking problematic operations in Alpha Centauri. Eliminating them in Sol won't necessarily disrupt their Alpha Centauri operations.

Just a couple of technical questions here.

Was your 2 hours contiguous, as in, no jumping in and out of the system?

Also, were you carrying any kind of cargo?

Plausible deniability.

Originally Posted by Chrystoph View Post (Source)
    Just a couple of technical questions here.

Was your 2 hours contiguous, as in, no jumping in and out of the system?

Also, were you carrying any kind of cargo?
    No cargo, two hours continuous, going from Nav beacon to rez sites. NHSS spawning every 10 sec but no Pirate mission instances.

Well, the mission giver want you to get rid of the pirates in Maia. Its their mission, their money, their choice. No point in arguing with them.
    I guess its Agricolas Ascent
    But yeah, the numbers for massacre missions have been quite redicoulsly for quite while now. I remember getting 'kill 24 pirates for 8MCr', thats was okay. But ever since... 3.0 I think is more like 'kill 96 pirates for 4MCr'.

Originally Posted by Pliedies View Post (Source)
    I've taken a pirate mission out of Agricola's .....eh? , whatever starbase in the Pleiades and sent to neighbouring Maia, where there are very few mission targets. Back at Agricola's..... yeah.... there are tons of said faction pirates but although they show as wanted , no mission target status. what's up with that ?
    I have been wondering about that forever and also started threads about it.
    It seems odd that authorities never want their own system to be secured from pirate activity.
    I do not mind being send to another system once in a while, but one would expect authorities to predominantly want to clean their own house.

The most useful option in the mission tab is the "Abandon" button.

Its so the rng can send you to a low pop system where you only choice is to sit a nav beacon and wait for spawns or super cruise and wait for spawns. Have fun with those 3 missions for 60-80 a pop for 2 to 3 mil.