Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Combat Logging, and the Terms of Service

Originally Posted by john willi View Post (Source)
    If there was only a way to make shadow banning cmdrs make money...
    It does some of them buy new accounts and get banned all over again.

For sure the timer needs increasing as Sandro suggested they might but what's the point in increasing the timer if they're not even going to enforce any sort of punishment for task kill logging.

Originally Posted by Audaxxx View Post (Source)
    For sure the timer needs increasing as Sandro suggested they might but what's the point in increasing the timer if they're not even going to enforce any sort of punishment for task kill logging.
    The biggest tweak needed is putting the confirmation at the start of the countdown, real life comes first and all that.

All you need to know about Combat Logging:

Not this again...

Sometimes other people don't want to be your game content and FD don't force them to comply.
    That's all really, it seems simple enough.

Terms of service don't mention disconnection from the game as a motive for a ban. Sandro's post isn't an EULA or a TOS. You wont even have the option to report players specifically for combat logging via the report menu. And shadow server for banned people simply doesn't exist in a more advanced phase than the conceptual brainfart.

But fairies wear boots, yeah you gotta believe me.

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    This. I feel using it to escape danger is weak, lame and sad. But it is allowed, no doubt. I hope the timer is increased, or reset when danger is taken.
    Agreed 100%.

Originally Posted by M4st0d0n View Post (Source)
    Terms of service don't mention disconnection from the game as a motive for a ban. Sandro's post isn't an EULA or a TOS. You wont even have the option to report players specifically for combat logging via the report menu. And shadow server for banned people simply doesn't exist in a more advanced phase than the conceptual brainfart.

But fairies wear boots, yeah you gotta believe me.
    Son, son, you've gone too far.

Ok, requesting thread closure.

I dont wish to carry on a discussion about how much the playerbase frowns upon it. The point of fact is that menu logging via the 15 second cooldown is not a bannable offense. Task killing is. I'm down with that. My concern has been addressed. End of Line.

Closed in accordance with the OP's request.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123