Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Citizen, inevitable rise to overtake ED.

Originally Posted by True Phoenix View Post (Source)
    I like it from what I've seen, I like the look of Dual Universe even better. Is it online multiplayer?
    X4 singleplayer. Dual universe MMO.

So alas singleplayer only but still lost of things I mis in elite. I just wait and see the reviews

Originally Posted by jijik2 View Post (Source)
    Then what to think from x4 foundations. Its there on 30 nov. Its sooner than the next update for elite
    Having looked on it, there is no comparison, if FD employ a bunch of hothead youth, rather than sloth phds, ED is chance flat best. Wake up call, for the sleepy devs at FD.

50 players in an instance soon, less I'm fooled.

Meh. Trolls like you who incessantly post garbage about the impending doom of Elite: Dangerous make me want to never give Star Citizen a dime, even if I would probably enjoy playing it otherwise.

Originally Posted by fu9ar View Post (Source)
    Meh. Trolls like you who incessantly post garbage about the impending doom of Elite: Dangerous make me want to never give Star Citizen a dime, even if I would probably enjoy playing it otherwise.
    Fan boy, go to sleep, no one mentioned doom, OK?

Expance your horizons...

Here why Star citizen will not be a huge hit. You need a computer that has an SSD drive. More than 16 GB of ram 32 GB of ram might be better. A CPU that has 4 to 6 cores More Cores the better. The GPU you also need have a lot of Video Ram. If you don't have any of this. Your game would be so jerky and unplayable. With the spec listed below which is a pretty new system. I get 30 fps.

Note Star Citizen been in alpha as long as Elite Dangerous been out. Elite can play on computers since 2014. My guess Star Citizen will never get out of Alpha.

That's wishful thinking, ED is waiting in a corner, really look at SC, really look at it, FD is an underfunded mess.

Like, computers don't get better in the future, doh!

Originally Posted by john willi View Post (Source)
    How can ED compete? I know CS is a soul sucking money sink fest but eventually, the coffers speak, how ED ever compete over the medium term?
    Only if SC adds actual gameplay into the tech demo (a very beautiful one).

The latest SC demo is, in my opinion, a perfect example of what Elite Dangerous should avoid at all cost.
    Most of the time spend in the demo was moving from point A to point B in a extremely time consuming way, something that gets extremely fast boring after the first "wow" effect wears off.
    Everything is tedious and time consuming - grind without actual gain.

Looking behind the fluff of beautiful graphics the SC demo was nothing but a bit of flying, then bad FPS shooting and some jump and run for a standard "Get X of Y from point Z" MMO mission. In most other MMOs such missions/quests take 5-10 minutes, in the SC demo it took over an hour - and the Devs even mentioned that at the end they where lucky that they got the train otherwise they would have had to wait 5 minutes (if I remember correctly).

I get the impression that the concept of SC is very different from ED and as a result they don't overlap that much. A player probably could play both games and be happy with both games.
    Time will tell.

Originally Posted by john willi View Post (Source)
    How can ED compete? I know CS is a soul sucking money sink fest but eventually, the coffers speak, how ED ever compete over the medium term?
    I do love a good comedy post on a Saturday night while I wait for my space train to arrive.

Hope its not full

I played ED for 6000 hours, can I get some bells and a whistle plz, I'm a touch bored...

There is already a very very very long topic for this in the General Gaming forum.

Please post about SC over there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12