Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Planet render glitched, making terrain impracticable

I've got the exact same issue. I used the game only on Windows 10 when it started happening not long ago. I blamed it on issues I have with my PC but switched over to my Windows 7 partition (which I hadn't used in about 6 months) and all was working ok. Until 2 days ago when it started doing it also on that partition.

I've performed a clean installation of the game files and the video drivers, same issue.

Is it only that shade of colour for the planet or is it all planets? Mine seems to be ok if I land on Rocky \ Red planets but if it's a yellow colour, it does the above.

I'll try running a verify but I honestly cannot see it fixing the issue.

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post (Source)
    Seeing how an October driver release broke stuff and the last update for Elite was in early September you'd need to report that to nvidia since it's them who dun broke it.
    I'm not so sure. The only other games I've played are Skyrim SE and Modern Warfare 2 remastered and there's no problems at all with either of them.

I've got a 670 btw.

Originally Posted by Livyathan View Post (Source)
    I'm not so sure. The only other games I've played are Skyrim SE and Modern Warfare 2 remastered and there's no problems at all with either of them.
    Matter of fact: Elite's planet rendering was fine on those chips and broke with a driver update. Draw your own conclusions

I might try to install an older revision of the nvidia drivers to see if that helps.

I might try to install an older revision of the nvidia drivers to see if that helps.
    Check this post for some suggestions on which driver to use: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post7224921

Originally Posted by Crazy Joe View Post (Source)
    Check this post for some suggestions on which driver to use: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post7224921
    Cheers Crazy Joe, I'll give it a go and let everyone know. <<< I'm a lyrical poet but I just didn't know it

(I'll get my coat).

Originally Posted by Crazy Joe View Post (Source)
    So far so good. TBH I only updated the driver a few days ago after not using this partition for months so I was just going to roll back to driver 384.94 anyway but this has worked. Fingers crossed. So far.

I've got the exact same issue. I used the game only on Windows 10 when it started happening not long ago. I blamed it on issues I have with my PC but switched over to my Windows 7 partition (which I hadn't used in about 6 months) and all was working ok. Until 2 days ago when it started doing it also on that partition.

I've performed a clean installation of the game files and the video drivers, same issue.

Is it only that shade of colour for the planet or is it all planets? Mine seems to be ok if I land on Rocky \ Red planets but if it's a yellow colour, it does the above.

I'll try running a verify but I honestly cannot see it fixing the issue.
    I find the issues are worse on planets with deep canyons, but it still happens on canyon'less (if that's not a word, it is now lol) rocky planets. All looks good from the air, then when you get a little closer to the surface, mountains and undulations start forming in front of you! In one of my earlier posts, you'll see the link to the video of me in the SRV. Complete random weirdness where the terrain would disappear from under me whilst driving and drop me several meters every few seconds.

NVidia have gone silent now too.....waiting for an update!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12