Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Planet render glitched, making terrain impracticable

Planet render glitched, making terrain impracticable

So since this morning I am facing terrain glitches on planets, making it literally impossible to use the SRV and collect minerals.

My drivers are up to date (updated recently), my specs are way above the requirements and I did a file integrity check. I am clueless about how to stop this and it is annoying since I need planetary mats

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2
    Hey CMDR.

That... doesn't look great o_O

Assuming this is ongoing, your best bet would be to raise a support ticket with us and include a Dxdiag as follows:

Click the "Start" menu
    Type/Search for "dxdiag" and open it.
    In the new window, click on the button labelled "Save all information"
    A "Save As.." dialogue box appears. Choose a handy destination and click "Save".
    Attach to your response.

Having this exact same issue. Has there been any updates on what it is or how to fix it?

Same weird ripples and invisible terrain.

4. This is the last staff post in this thread. #4
    I'd recommend verifying the game files via Steam or the launcher & performing a clean reinstall of your GPU drivers.

Originally Posted by Support Vulcan View Post (Source)
    I'd recommend verifying the game files via Steam or the launcher & performing a clean reinstall of your GPU drivers.
    Already did that. And having read through other support threads, it seems that this has yet to help anyone.

This is the same issue I'm still getting. You can see in the following video's the effects:

Terrain Issues when flying
    https://youtu.be/7AjbP4nOqCg
    https://youtu.be/v3bFTiIbQE0

Terrain Issues when in the SRV
    https://youtu.be/-4KsZ6A7goY

From my own testing of this, it seems all NVidia Graphics drivers after 411.70 (So 416.xx upwards) cause this issue. I've no idea what it is that was added to 416.xx onwards but it really screws with the game. I'm running a Gigabyte GTX770 card I've read on here that others with the 600 & 700 series cards have also had these issues.

Frontier Support, is there anything you know of that is causing this issue that has lead to the issues with these latest drivers? The issues also occur no matter what graphics settings you have set. I've had the same problems with them all set to LOW.

I'm thinking of getting a ticket logged about this now as it makes the game unplayable for me.

Seeing how an October driver release broke stuff and the last update for Elite was in early September you'd need to report that to nvidia since it's them who dun broke it.

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post (Source)
    Seeing how an October driver release broke stuff and the last update for Elite was in early September you'd need to report that to nvidia since it's them who dun broke it.
    Yeah you're probably right! Although I'm sure those clever people at Frontier may also have some ideas as to what it could be.

On the upside you probably won't lose much by downgrading drivers. Old chips rarely get any changes in new releases.

Iím downloading 398.82 right now. Iíll see how it performs.

I started my testing at v388.71 and worked my way up to finding the problematic drivers. v411.70 was the latest driver I could use without getting the terrain issues. Next one after that was the 4th Oct release of v416.16.

I've opened a case with NVidia on this issue too so I'll let you know what I hear back....if anything!

Originally Posted by Viking2010 View Post (Source)
    I started my testing at v388.71 and worked my way up to finding the problematic drivers. v411.70 was the latest driver I could use without getting the terrain issues. Next one after that was the 4th Oct release of v416.16.

I've opened a case with NVidia on this issue too so I'll let you know what I hear back....if anything!
    You nailed it! I installed 398.82 and the problem is gone! Way to go man! And major apologies to FDev for thinking it was their fault.

Sorry guys!

So... never update working drivers... OK, got it.

Originally Posted by Mastengwe View Post (Source)
    You nailed it! I installed 398.82 and the problem is gone! Way to go man! And major apologies to FDev for thinking it was their fault.

Sorry guys!
    Glad I was of some help! Sent you some rep for your thanks!

I've sent some system info off today to NVidia that they asked for, so hopefully they'll start looking in to the issue. Whether it'll be addressed any time soon or not I don't know. I know you've gone back to v398.82 but you could try going to 411.70. It's the one I'm using and it seems to be working without any issues. Plus it does at least mean the drivers are a little more up to date than the 398.82 ones.

Originally Posted by dm06 View Post (Source)
    So... never update working drivers... OK, got it.
    The old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here I think lol!

So far NVidia have got me doing the usual re-seat the graphics card, make sure the latest updates are on etc. All standard support stuff to rule out anything at my end which I understand, but it's frustrating when it seems clear that the issue is whatever changed in the drivers between 411.70 and 416.16 on 4th Oct. As expected, non of their suggestions have made any difference.....surprise surprise!!.......will keep this thread posted with any updates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast