Thread: Axis controls for Detailed Surface Scanner

Axis controls for Detailed Surface Scanner

Having some trouble firing probes, I think it's a binding thing. Instructions say to bind the detailed scanner to a button and then enter Analysis mode and fire away. And that works, but, I can't seem to target anywhere other than directly at what I'm pointing at. I checked the key binds and there's no axis controls under Detailed Surface Scanner. What am I missing? I had no trouble tuning and scanning bodies in the FSS.

Having a similair problem and I use an X52pro with custom bindings.

I need to manually come out of discovery then manually point the ships nose to launch a probe.

Reported all over the place. For now the controls can be bound in the "Multi Crew" settings.

NB: It's a bug/oversight, FDev have acknowledged it, it will be changed.

Originally Posted by avow555 View Post (Source)
    Having a similair problem and I use an X52pro with custom bindings.

I need to manually come out of discovery then manually point the ships nose to launch a probe.
    Yeah that's what I've been doing, but clearly not working as intended.

Originally Posted by Micha View Post (Source)
    Reported all over the place. For now the controls can be bound in the "Multi Crew" settings.

Ahh, I see. Thanks.

I found that if you switch to analysis mode from in the cockpit you can fly and fire probes. But then when I tried again later I got some "module not available from cockpit mode" or some such message.

Originally Posted by Micha View Post (Source)

This is good to read. It's annoying having to swap out back to cockpit and move then go back to fire the probe.

I'm virtually certain that the reveal livestream showed Adam woods moving and firing probes from analysis mode though so I'm not sure why that changed.