Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: GAME CRASHES RANDOMLY

GAME CRASHES RANDOMLY

Frequency of the Bug/Issue
    Rarely

Describe the Issue
    Game crashes randomly. I've been playing in sandbox mode most of the time. I didn't update my graphics driver to the latest one because it STILL CRASHES UPON STARTUP. So the driver now is 398.36. Whether I'm incubating or terraforming, or just viewing something it suddenly crashes.

Reproduction Steps
    I just restart the game and then it runs smoothly. Sometimes it crashes again sometimes it doesn't. It's rare but annoying.

Expected Result
    THE GAME SHOULDN'T CRASH RANDOMLY.

Actual Result
    GAME CRASHES RANDOMLY. i hate saying "crash" every time.

Supporting Evidence URLs
    Nope I do not have.

2. This is the last staff post in this thread. #2
    Hello Hououin Kyoma,

Thank you for reporting this issue and sorry to hear you are experiencing these crashes. If you could supply us with your Steam ID we can locate your crash report and investigate the issue further.

You can obtain your Steam ID by doing the following:

- Open up your Steam client and choose View, then click Settings
    - Choose Interface and check the box that reads, "Display Steam URL address when available"
    - Click OK
    - Now click on your Steam Profile Name and select View Profile
    Your SteamID will be listed in the URL at the top left (it's the really long number at the end.

In the meantime you could also try the following:

Verify Game Files
    This can be done by navigating to Jurassic World Evolution in your Steam Library and right clicking -> properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Local Files...

Perform a clean reinstallation of your graphics card drivers.

For NVIDIA hardware:
    • Navigate to www.geforce.com
    • Click ‘Drivers’
    • Fill out the information for your graphics card
    • Download and run the driver installer
    • Ensure you select Perform a clean installation

For AMD hardware:
    • Download and run the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility (http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...l-Utility.aspx)
    • Navigate to http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
    • Download and run the AMD Driver Autodetect Utility
    • Run the driver installation program

Scan for and eliminate file system errors.
    • Right-click on your Windows Start Menu
    • Select ‘Command Prompt’
    • Write the command sfc /scannow and press Enter
    • Wait for the check to complete

Scan for and eliminate memory errors.
    • Open your Windows Start Menu
    • Search for Windows Memory Diagnostic
    • Run this program.
    • Your computer will restart and check for errors

hi i sent you a private message with my steam URL ID.

thanks! still crashing after all your suggestions. :(

actually its playable on an old NVIDIA driver 398.36.. all the ones after this causes a startup crash

I have one quick question, i read in a blog in fixing JWE i may need to update my BIOS. But some articles say its more harmful to update a BIOS especially if there isn't any major issues with the pc. My only problem is JWE crashing (on the current NVIDIA driver).. What should I do?

Originally Posted by Hououin Kyoma View Post (Source)
    hi i sent you a private message with my steam URL ID.

thanks! still crashing after all your suggestions. :(

actually its playable on an old NVIDIA driver 398.36.. all the ones after this causes a startup crash
    If it's any help, the Elite: Dangerous client crashes for me on the Nvidia 416 drivers. I rolled back to the 398 drivers and haven't had a problem since. There might be a bug with the game engine (Cobra) and the latest Nvidia drivers.

Originally Posted by the100thmonkey View Post (Source)
    If it's any help, the Elite: Dangerous client crashes for me on the Nvidia 416 drivers. I rolled back to the 398 drivers and haven't had a problem since. There might be a bug with the game engine (Cobra) and the latest Nvidia drivers.
    Hey man thanks for the reply. FD might be busy in this 1.5 update coz I've had no response whatsoever haha but it's okay. Rolling back to an old driver does solve the issue, but it still crashes randomly, though rarely. My only irk is that nvidia keeps notifying me to update my drivers. lol

@Mr. Stuart any fixes yet coming? Or any solutions from your end?