Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 3.3 console content

Thank you Paige.

Deadly Global Moderator stormyuk's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Paige Harvey View Post (Source)
    Hey everyone!

I can confirm for you that everything we're showing in the livestreams (all of the Beyond - Chapter Four content) will be coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4. I hope this helps!
    Interesting, thanks Paige.

Hey everyone!

I can confirm for you that everything we're showing in the livestreams (all of the Beyond - Chapter Four content) will be coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4. I hope this helps!

In regards to the SRV crash, this is something we're actively investigating and thank you for your patience.
    Thanks for the clarification on the content.

Regarding the SRV crashing:

Is that to say that it's still unknown what the cause is? Or that the cause is known but the fix isn't?

Thanks for clearing it all up.
    Good to hear console owners are also getting what is being shown.

Originally Posted by DustyArne View Post (Source)
    After seeing what Rockstar accomplished with Red Dead Redemption 2 on XboxOneX, I'd assume XboxOneX will have all the details except stuff what the new RTX cards can do. (Ray tracing)
    Last week we asked for precise details of what will and what won't come to console (in terms of the new fog/lighting effects in rings) over at the PS4 section of the forum. No response yet.

After seeing what Rockstar accomplished with Red Dead Redemption 2 on XboxOneX, I'd assume XboxOneX will have all the details except stuff what the new RTX cards can do. (Ray tracing)
    I think if the XboxOneX is only missing what the new RTX cards can do, it'll be okay. What the new RTX cards seem to be doing with alarming frequency is failing, sometimes out of the box, according to numerous reports:

https://www.game-debate.com/news/260...d-causing-bsod

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/rt...nch,37995.html

https://www.cnet.com/news/people-are...-2080-ti-gpus/

Hey everyone!

In regards to the SRV crash, this is something we're actively investigating and thank you for your patience.
    Hi Paige! Thank you for acknowledging the SRV crash issue! That will be a great day for us all! Hope you're feeling better!

-CMDR Ex

Originally Posted by Lucifera Danzig View Post (Source)
    I think if the XboxOneX is only missing what the new RTX cards can do, it'll be okay. What the new RTX cards seem to be doing with alarming frequency is failing, sometimes out of the box, according to numerous reports:

https://www.game-debate.com/news/260...d-causing-bsod

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/rt...nch,37995.html

https://www.cnet.com/news/people-are...-2080-ti-gpus/

ouch, that sucks..

Its all new though, no doubts with upcoming driver updates it'll get ironed out.

Hey everyone!

Its the last bit that gets me...it gets me because according to QA Mitch, this was being actively investigated a year ago. Must be one helluva bug to warrant such a long investigation with nothing, as yet, to show fer it. Rumour has it that the fix isnt gonna happen in Q4 either...any truth to that rumour?

Im not expecting an answer as the question was almost rhetorical in nature as I suspect I already know the answer. Pretty sure thats why its not being discussed and thats why theres no confirmation of a release. By all means, tell me Im wrong...nothing would make me happier because such a conclusion, if true will have a most dire consequence ^

ouch, that sucks..

Its all new though, no doubts with upcoming driver updates it'll get ironed out.
    When they want to charge customers somewhere north of 1000 Euros for a graphics card...which is more than most PC users paid for their entire systems... they should have ironed all that out already.

I think this whole RTX thing is merely the latest fad to justify a small ransom for a piece of already inflated cost hardware due to the bitcoin mining business. It's about time it stopped. This bitcoin mining rubbish is killing PC gaming with driving the sheer travesty of graphic card prices.

Instead of being ashamed, NVidia have released yet another vastly over priced and over rated piece of nonsense onto the PC market.

Originally Posted by Mole HD View Post (Source)
    When they want to charge customers somewhere north of 1000 Euros for a graphics card...which is more than most PC users paid for their entire systems... they should have ironed all that out already.

I think this whole RTX thing is merely the latest fad to justify a small ransom for a piece of already inflated cost hardware due to the bitcoin mining business. It's about time it stopped. This bitcoin mining rubbish is killing PC gaming with driving the sheer travesty of graphic card prices.

Instead of being ashamed, NVidia have released yet another vastly over priced and over rated piece of nonsense onto the PC market.
    This whole thing about money spent always gets me...my own setup cost almost 2 grand and thats as a console gamer. Beside the oneX itself which was nearly a quarter of that, the whopping great big 55in screen cost roughly the same as yer grand gfx card...another couple hundred on a custom sofa type thing cos Im disabled and normal sofas just aint compatible with 6 hour sessions.

Elite controller, turtle beach headset, chatpad it all mounts up to more than a top end gaming rig with VR. I should know, I used to be a pc only gamer fer 20 years.

Off topic I know sorry, Ill see meself out ^

Originally Posted by Mole HD View Post (Source)

No disagreeing there .

I remember me always wanted to have the new Nvidia cards but drivers always lacked behind this was never different .

Always made me angry .

No disagreeing there .

I remember me always wanted to have the new Nvidia cards but drivers always lacked behind this was never different .

Always made me angry .
    Well, I guess I can post in this section of the forum as only partial Master Race now. I've just forked out for a One X (and a certain cowboy game) after much deliberation, gnashing of teeth, wailing and foot stamping...and finding 100 odd quid in my paypal account I didn't know was there

I won't be playing E-D on it though...like my PC version too much.

14. This is the last staff post in this thread. #29
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to clarify a few things about Beyond - Chapter Four for those who play Elite Dangerous on consoles:

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (including Pro and One X) consoles will receive all of the graphical updates (that is the lighting adjustments, colour grading and improved fog effects) with the exception of the shadows in fog volumes. These shadows are an Ultra-only setting on PC due to the impact they can have on performance; we’ve worked on carefully balancing the console settings to give players as much as possible in terms of visuals while maintaining performance.

For PS4 Pro and Xbox One X consoles running in Quality Mode, the fog is more detailed than in Performance Mode or on the standard consoles, and as usual the overall settings are higher. Regardless of what you’re playing on, I think the game looks really great and the team have done a fantastic job on bringing everything together for Beyond - Chapter Four!

Please note: There is always a small chance that settings may change before release due to ongoing bug fixing and balancing.

Itís the little mention of the bugs at the bottom that interests me...the rest is nice but on its own, too little too late if the bugs ainít fixed ^