View Entry Info: 3+ SRV

Category:
XB1 Bug Reports

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 3+ SRV

3+ SRV

Time of occurrence
    various

Frequency
    10+

Ship/SRV?
    SRV

Ship Type

Description
    This is a note to confirm that the 3+ SRV bug is still an issue and is having serious consequences for the community at large. I am a member of several community groups and have watched Xbox players gradually migrate to PC or leave the game entirely due to this bug. Most of the major community gatherings happen on planet surfaces and feature SRVs, but this engagement has not happened on console since 3.0 was released. Countless bug reports have been filed, and we constantly get the standard answer - "We are actively investigating".

This problem has been 'actively investigated' for almost a year, and has forced planetary exploration to become a solo event. In a couple of months, the largest community led event in Elite Dangerous history will launch, and a large quantity of events will include SRVs. As the Console community representative for Distant Worlds 3305, I really must insist that we have further dialogue from the development team as to the progress of the fix.

Is a fix possible, or has ED hit the graphics limit for the consoles?
    What is the timeframe for a fix?
    Is anyone actually investigating this, or is the standard 'actively investigating' answer a load of tosh?

I have sunk thousands of hours into this game, and it is still the only game I play, even after all these years. Unfortunately, this is a PC-led development team, and I feel that the console community is being ignored.

I will accept a conversation either openly here, or via e-mail. I'll even travel to the office if required... but please address this issue with more than just the 'actively investigating' reply. Do not flush your reputations further down the toilet.

Steps to Reproduce
    3+ SRVs on a planet surface.

This is a severe issue and happens constantly on Xbox One.

Any news on this? It was a constant issue on the Beagle Point Expedition earlier this year - Xbox meet ups on BPE were general quite small... with 2 cmdrs in SRVs it was fine... but if another cmdr joined it was stable for a bit... then the framerate would drop and we'd all get binned back to the Xbox menu...

Given the expected much larger numbers of cmdrs expected on DW2 this is going to be major problem during meet ups and will significantly effect the social in-game elements of the expedition.

Would be useful to know if this bug is being worked on?

This is definitely still an issue. Experienced crash outs when recently at the guardian ruins. ��

I wonder if this will be the first bug reported when the update drops next week OR will we all be surprised with it being quietly fixed?

The Playstation brothers are with you on hoping that this is fixed

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...g-still-broken

Deadly Global Moderator stormyuk's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Snowymonk View Post (Source)
    The Playstation brothers are with you on hoping that this is fixed

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...g-still-broken
    Indeed, we have not had any update on this issue for a while now.

Still watching, still waiting, hope faded last year already...ĘsoonĘ

Originally Posted by verminstar View Post (Source)
    Still watching, still waiting, hope faded last year already...ĘsoonĘ
    im no programmer but it doesn't take 1 year to fix a bug

Would anyone care to actually say what this bug is please? The 'bug report' didn't say anything relevant about it, only complaining about a long-term existing bug.

Originally Posted by Amodin View Post (Source)
    Would anyone care to actually say what this bug is please? The 'bug report' didn't say anything relevant about it, only complaining about a long-term existing bug.
    Any time there are three or more CMDR's in an SRV is the same instance, the game buzz crashes. It is unplayable in a wing of three or more in SRV's.

Originally Posted by rOmiLaYu View Post (Source)
    Any time there are three or more CMDR's in an SRV is the same instance, the game buzz crashes. It is unplayable in a wing of three or more in SRV's.
    Good lord, they let this go that long? Sounds like the development department for EA. BTW, here's some rep.

Deadly Global Moderator stormyuk's Avatar
    Not good

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    We are aware of the crash issue, but I do not have an ETA on when that will be resolved/fixed.

14. This is the last staff post in this thread. #14
    Please see Ed's post here for an update on this issue

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Greetings Commanders,

Just a quick note to let you know that we’ve been working on a fix for a widely-reported issue where the game would crash if multiple Commanders playing on either PS4 or Xbox One were on a planet surface in their SRV. We’re pleased to let you know that the fix will be included as part of the Beyond – Chapter Four update.

This fix will stop the crash, but we will be keeping an eye on the issue, and will be looking to improve performance of SRVs while on surfaces in the future.

Thanks for your patience, and feedback. Your crash and bug reports were absolutely essential in getting this fixed.

Ed